PDA

View Full Version : Maybe is time we introduce ourselves. We're Venvstas.

VENVSTAS
December 7th, 2015, 11:49 AM
As this is the introduction part, I would like to introduce myself, and our brand, and let's say our official corner in this community. We will post here news and information regarding our products, even before the website. My name is Lucio Rossi, and the main “guy” behind ATELIER VENVSTAS PARIS.
I'm basically the designer of all the pens and things you see in our website. Not only the designer but the person who has also engineered them. If there's something to engineer, as fountain pens are very simple machines, but very good ones. They are not perfect, and that's the beauty of them. They are a bridge through time.

I'm a designer, or more precisely an architect (that's why it's Venvstas, it's because of the Vitrubian triad, Vtilitas, Firmitas, Venvstas), I live in Paris and I've used fountain pens since always.
I'm not a collector of pens, but in opposition to writing, I draw a lot with them.
You can check some of my work as an architect and designer here, in the office web site:
www.utopos75.com

My work is very much computer driven, but I still draw by hand, and I do it a lot.
Fountain pens for me are the best for this, I always had one, none in particular, but I had many over the years.

I started Venvstas first in Germany, while living in Paris, that's why some models have German names. Eventually I moved back the idea to France. I've been between Germany, France and Italy for many years now. We kept some of the German names though.
Venvstas is about design in general, but mainly in this small expression, the fountain pen.

We expect to make not only a bunch of nice pens, we're committed to make very good designs, fountain pens that are coming from today but projecting to tomorrow, I personally think that there are many new pen makers out there, I know them all, from the smallest to the biggest, and I still think that there's not so many new things to see from most of them, well, I'm designing for that gap, where few are walking, or if they are, is or with fear or with prices that frankly to me are making no sense, they're just like stealing money. That's why our pens won't break your wallet.
The nib is the most important part of the pen, but for most makers, is paradoxically, the cheapest.

Fountain pens are booming again, but in a sort of repetitive way, I think repetition and imitation is boring. This I think for everything I do.
We have different models, all made in France, in Paris, now up to 12, most models have different variants so they're something like 17 different pens and growing, as soon we'll be introducing more, specially the upper ones that are mostly pull fillers, a system I personally love. We really dont want to make a pen that costs 800 euro and comes with a 5 euro schmidt converter.....again, we think that pens going up, a filling mechanism is mandatory. It's a must....we also have plans to introduce in the near future a cape-less pen but with a built in piston filling mechanism with an ink capacity of no less than 1.6ml and at a price that's not 800 euro!
Closer into the future we'll be introducing more pens in the upper segment that are mostly pull fillers, ranging from 1.6ml to 4ml. I think it's enough capacity, even the small one, not available yet, is an all super slim carbon fiber bodied monster, that is about the size of a Lamy cp1.... but with a nice 1.6m and a flex nib.......stay tuned on that one. It's called the Carbon J Aero (J is for Jowo)
When thinking on a filling system, I was surprised to see that pull fillers have been totally overlooked for years. We also have variations on them; The system is almost immortal, easy to clean, maintain, quick to fill, I look at my old Tintenkuli piston filler, and the displacement of most piston fillers it's the same as a pull filler. It took me a long time to see that it was first introduced in 1893......still I think it's the best way for filling a fountain pen. My everyday pen now is a Venvstas that's using a variation of that system; I call it Avant Garde. You'll find it on the web site.

Nevertheless I got here and I made an account. I've been reading the few posts that are in the site, I expect to see more over time, construct a solid and nice group of enthusiast, and I'm always happy to discuss about pens, ideas, filling systems, brands, nibs, materials and so on. Also design, architecture and music.
My approach is that we do not want consumers. We want customer, so to us, our relation to them is different. I don't believe in marketing, corporatism, companies in the way are today, I see things are changing, the relationship can now with technology be closer to the client, and I think I'm the only designer that ever attempted to make a pen company, so things are different. I don't believe in doing what I think people wants, I believe in doing designs, tiny machines, doing the thing I do best, that is, to be creative, to see that actually everything can be recreated, changed, updated, so fountain pens.
After thinking a lot if I should or not get into kickstarter, I decided to just jump on it. I thought that it was not a good idea as we could be locked into the “kickstarter pen” sector. I think in kickstarter there are some nice pens, but mostly is the same one. This is a turned aluminum block with a Bock or Schmidt nib. Looks that they were done just to make quick money, (really I think they except one of them the rest, they can only make sales thrugh kickstarter, but they won't make it throughout) and we don't want that. I have limited the sales in the platform, I have a roof, and that's it.
We don't want to sell a lot via kickstarter, we just want to start.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1082267836/carbon-v-fountain-pen

I shall make a post entirely on the Carbon V.

We use Bock for some models, Schmidt I personally don't like. But our nibs are mostly Jowo. I like them. I understood that kickstarter may open some doors in the new way of selling things now, as for instance in Paris, pen shops, you can count them with the fingers of one hand. The commerce is online, purchasing decisions are based on reviews or photos. There are big online retailers who have a big influence on communities like this one, so, we are still a microscopic company but we want one day to see our Carbon T to make the the Lamy CP1 to be less popular. To start to see this objects to cost what they really should. To make the discussion on design in pens, something broader than just a nib, a clip and the color of celluloid. To see a carbon fiber pen not to cost 900 euro, and so on. I also don't understand why very few have contacted our mails to just ask who we're. You'll find an answer. To certain things I saw in some posts, our servers are everywhere, what do I know, everything is in europe .......right now writing to you from Montmartre, Paris, France.

Well, I've talked enough, you can check our campaign, a thing that was a big discussion if doing it or not.......at the end is limited as I said.

and also, and more important, our site.

www.venvstas.com

you van search us in facebook and twitter, all the info is in the site.
I'm looking forward to know from you in the future, while presenting something in a pen show, in Paris, when we get to open a small showroom, or here, in the net, who knows.

Merci!

https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/004/768/558/f7d2bdbef1d5dde6c67c1aa0f3ee550a_original.jpg?v=14 45871691&w=680&fit=max&auto=format&q=92&https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/004/704/666/c44f7d7172e136acef8e4612ef04e2bb_original.jpg?v=14 44986654&w=680&fit=max&auto=format&q=92&https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/004/810/158/c9856a6eb41423d9b6a02436ab4db144_original.jpg?v=14 46325130&w=680&fit=max&auto=format&q=92&

Wahl
December 7th, 2015, 12:12 PM
Bienvenue, Lucio :welcome:

penwash
December 7th, 2015, 12:41 PM
Welcome! And good luck to your fountain pen products.
It's always nice to see a new fountain pen maker.

schweitzerp
December 7th, 2015, 01:15 PM
Hello! I have to say, your pens do look quite stunning!

VENVSTAS
December 7th, 2015, 02:53 PM
Thank you!

Jeph
December 7th, 2015, 04:08 PM
:welcome:

jar
December 7th, 2015, 04:20 PM
Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell.

SIG9
December 7th, 2015, 05:29 PM
Welcome and nice to see your passion for creativity. Best of luck!

Frank
December 7th, 2015, 06:52 PM
Welcome! You make beautiful Pens!! :welcome:

Frank

Hawk
December 7th, 2015, 08:03 PM
Welcome. Fery nice introduction.

Haefennasiel
December 8th, 2015, 04:39 AM
Great looking pens! I like their sleek, streamlined appearance! :cool:

inklord
December 8th, 2015, 04:57 AM
Bonjour, bienvenue! Very excited to see your products! Thanks for your introduction!

VENVSTAS
December 8th, 2015, 05:46 AM
Welcome! You make beautiful Pens!! :welcome:

Frank

Thank you a lot Frank!

VENVSTAS
December 8th, 2015, 11:36 AM
Thank you everybody for the nice words, yes, they sleek, except variations, no more than 10mm. With great ink capacities, those that are not cartridge/converter pens.

Marsilius
December 8th, 2015, 07:35 PM
Welcome, and the pens look lovely!