PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: User grade MB 149

Barry Gabay
December 10th, 2015, 05:21 PM
For Sale: User grade 149. Just got this pen, and its nib isn’t to my liking. It’s a 1970s model with all original components: single-piece barrel, “nipple” screw (pre-brass screw & washer) cap & cap crown, solid ebonite feed, three-tone 14C nib. The nib is a fine with a slight Waverly curve, excellent flow, just not my kind of nib. Barrel & cap have a million micro scratches, but no cracks or gouges at all. The piston works perfectly, very clean and smooth. $350. insured Priority Post CONUS, overseas at cost. PayPal or personal check or whatever is best for you. Or I will trade just the nib for a 149 two-tone 14C nib of any width. People who know me and my pens know that my photos are terrible. Thanks for reading. Best wishes, Barry bbgabay@yahoo.com

Josephtibbetts
December 10th, 2015, 09:25 PM
Could you post a picture?

Barry Gabay
December 11th, 2015, 10:17 AM
Thank you for writing, Joseph. Please send me an email address and I will send all the photos you would like. Best wishes, Barry bbgabay@yahoo.com

mhosea
December 11th, 2015, 10:39 AM
The site allows you to attach photos. When replying, click "Go Advanced" then Click on "Manage Attachments" then on "Add Files". There's a limit for each account, so I like to crop photos down to minimize extraneous background and scale the photo so that the the horizontal is less than or equal to 1024 and the vertical less than or equal to 768, but this is not going to be an issue if you rarely post photos to the site.

Barry Gabay
December 11th, 2015, 01:43 PM
Thank you, Mike. I'll give it a try. I appreciate your advice. Enjoy your weekend. Barry

Barry Gabay
December 11th, 2015, 02:35 PM
Thanks for the help. These are pretty bad, but I did it with the training wheels off. Thank you all for your help. Best wishes, Barry

Barry Gabay
December 11th, 2015, 02:40 PM
Another photo of the entire 149.

Barry Gabay
December 12th, 2015, 11:25 AM
PRICE LOWERED TO $320, still includes insured Priority Post CONUS. Thanks for reading.