PDA

View Full Version : How many converters of ink do you use in a week?

Music and Ink
December 10th, 2015, 09:20 PM
The real question is how fast do you go through ink. But it's usually phrased "how long does a bottle last you?" And the question is ruined because people switch inks. So I'm wondering how much ink you use. Thanks in advance for anyone taking the time to help!

top pen
December 11th, 2015, 01:22 AM
I don't get through ink very quickly as my course is mainly calculation based and I prefer to use a pencil for this. Maybe 1 fill per week or 2 so averaging out to 30ml a year.

nospam666
December 11th, 2015, 01:40 AM
I use a ml each week, on average.

Paddler
December 11th, 2015, 07:14 AM
The garden is dormant, the freezers are full, and the pantry is stacked with supplies. I am in the middle of a long anticipated writing binge. So the ink use here is about 15 - 16 refills (converters, sacs, piston cylinders, etc.) per week. That is about 2 refills per day in a stingy pen -- more, if the nib is a medium or wider.

stub
December 16th, 2015, 03:27 AM
What is a converter ?

inklord
December 16th, 2015, 05:27 PM
About 2ml/week - that would make 4 con-50 from Pilot and about 3 standard international or Lamy converters, or roughly 2 fillings of a Lamy 2000... my eyedropper filled Franklin-Christoph p66 makes it (just) through the week. For reasons stated by Paddler above (garden dormant, larder full, time available) I'll soon use more like double to triple that amount.

Jon Szanto
December 16th, 2015, 05:55 PM
What is a converter ?

You should definitely have a bookmark for these pages. (http://www.richardspens.com/ref/glossary/00_gls.htm) Click on "C", scroll down to "converter".

Morgaine
December 17th, 2015, 01:53 PM
No idea, depends on how many letters I can get through!

View from the Loft
December 19th, 2015, 04:45 AM
Hmm, eldest son is at university reading maths. Since the beginning of October, he has gone through a 30ml bottle of one of the green Herbin inks.

I use an average of 7ml of ink per week, and between OH, younger son and daughter and my occasional fill, we go through an 80ml bottle of black every 8 weeks.

VertOlive
December 20th, 2015, 10:50 AM
I'm a big letter writer. I fill 8-10 pens per week. Saturday is refill day.

Armstrong
December 20th, 2015, 04:06 PM
None, I prefer eyedropper conversions which I will use in a minute to do some study. And piston pens for carry or where I change out the ink more frequently. I write a lot so cartridges and especially converters hold no appeal. Though, if you like to change ink color frequently I can see their attraction.