PDA

View Full Version : Twsbi Vac MIni Set To Arrive

writingrav
December 12th, 2015, 12:14 PM
According to the Twsbi web site this long awaited pen will be released 12/15. Anyone else excited?

SaoDavi
December 12th, 2015, 12:28 PM
Does it work with the TWSBI inkwells?

TWSBI is my favorite maker under $100 so I might be interested. I don't have a vacuum filler so an inexpensive one would be nice to try out.

#firstpost

Jeph
December 12th, 2015, 06:25 PM
Could be very interesting, but the picture I saw had the same big step behind the section like the 700 that makes me hesitate. I tried the vac 700 and that turned me off from a pen that was almost perfect for me.

Edit: I might still buy one anyway. I am strange that way.

rafapa
December 12th, 2015, 11:52 PM
Twsbi will also release the VAC20a which will be compatible with both vacuum fillers

fountainpenkid
December 13th, 2015, 10:43 AM
Could be very interesting, but the picture I saw had the same big step behind the section like the 700 that makes me hesitate. I tried the vac 700 and that turned me off from a pen that was almost perfect for me.

Edit: I might still buy one anyway. I am strange that way.

This fact tears me as well: I found the non-stepped section of the mini too thick for my hand and thus would like a thinner section, but also dislike large steps that make writing for long periods of time uncomfortable.

HoLmeslice
December 13th, 2015, 03:20 PM
Seeing as how I don't have a vac filling pen yet, I'm looking forward to this one. It will go nicely with the other two TWSBI pens (Eco and Mini) that I currently own. Thanks, writingrav for the info...now let's just hope that TWSBI isn't just pulling our chains on the release date. (Lord knows that this hasn't been done before. LOL)

inklord
December 13th, 2015, 04:38 PM
I have 2 Vac700's and my only problem with then was that they are a bit chunky - just a bit too much pen for my feeble hands. This might be a great pen to follow up. I really enjoyed the plunger filler = vacuum filler a lot. The all clear pen looks a little less cluttered than previous models, which is in my view a good step.

cwent2
December 13th, 2015, 05:05 PM
http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0535/9633/t/5/assets/home-slider-slide-2.jpg?9485545263749609313

Try clicking on the link to TWSBI'S photo

Does not look like a large step

writingrav
December 14th, 2015, 03:56 PM
It went up for sale today, a day earlier than announced. I had to be one of the first to order. It is on its way.

fountainpenkid
December 14th, 2015, 04:58 PM
It went up for sale today, a day earlier than announced. I had to be one of the first to order. It is on its way.

I don't they have released it early; rather, the time difference in Taiwan is such that it is already Tuesday morning there.

writingrav
December 14th, 2015, 05:00 PM

I don't they have released it early; rather, the time difference in Taiwan is such that it is already Tuesday morning there.
Either way I'm on it. How about you?

dannzeman
December 15th, 2015, 07:30 AM
Ordered one last night with a broad nib. Plan to grind it to an architect point.

carlos.q
December 15th, 2015, 07:59 AM
Now I wonder who will be the first to post a review.... :bounce:

fountainpenkid
December 15th, 2015, 10:12 AM
I've ordered one! Fine nib. Can't wait.

(I have a tradition of ordering new TWSBI releases as soon as they come out. Every time, however, I end up selling them out of dissatisfaction. Hopefully this will be different.)

HoLmeslice
December 15th, 2015, 10:27 PM
I (currently) don't have any vac-filling pens, and have been interested in the Vac 700 for quite some time. I've been discouraged from purchasing one because I feel that the size could be a bit large for my tastes, however, being that I'm a very satisfied user of two TWSBI pens already (Mini and Eco), I'm hoping this Christmas will lead to fulfillment of my vacuum fill "jones."