PDA

View Full Version : SOLD The "I want a TWSBI Vac mini tomorrow" sale

fountainpenkid
December 14th, 2015, 02:48 PM
Want a really cheap, fully functioning Parker "51"? Here you have it!
This pen was restored by Danny Fudge with the correct pli-glass sac and fills nicely. The 14k nib is a smooth medium with a nice amount of feedback (not scratchiness) and middle-of-the-road wetness--very nice for 'no-fuss' notes or jotts. This is a user grade pen--engraved "CRONVALL", wear, and after an accidental drop, it is in need of a barrel repair (or replacement) Now $25 Shipped CONUS with free bottle of ink (various Diamine, Edelstein, Pelikan 4001...)

Almost forgot I had this...Wahl-Eversharp Woodgrain HR Pencil: very elegant pencil in good condition (trim especially)--could use a polishing, but otherwise, looks great. Mecahnism doesn't work properly, though, and I'm not sure why. I've been told it can most likely be brought to function again, as the mechanism may just have frozen up from corrosion. If not, it could serve as a collection placeholder. $13 shipped CONUS (these sell for nearly $100 usually).

Parker 51 and Wahl-Eversharp pencil and ink for $32 shipped CONUS SOLD

Pelikan 400. User grade, no engraving though. Cap is fine, but section of barrel is cracked and warped--piston mechanism and rest of barrel is fine though. As is, it would not be usable because of the crack, which I've been told could be repaired. Nib does not thread normally due to section warping, but this did not affect function or reliability before the section developed aforementioned cracks. The pen is an earlier production model without engraving on cap band and earlier Pelikan engraving on nib. The whole nib unit is in excellent condition--the nib itself is a slightly scratchy but full-of-potential semi-flexible extra fine. $35 Shipped CONUS (the value of the nib alone, really) SOLD

Please email me at dabantur@gmail.com if you're interested.

Thanks!

katherine
December 14th, 2015, 03:38 PM
Your PMs are full... But --

Do you have some pictures of the crack? And/or a vague idea of how much fixing something like this would be?

I've had my eye on the 400 for a while (and the green is gorgeous), but they're a bit out of my price range. I wouldn't mind trying my hand at some repairs if they're not super hard... But I want to have an idea of what I'm getting myself into. :D

penwash
December 14th, 2015, 03:45 PM
I love the title!
Sent you email on this.

fountainpenkid
December 14th, 2015, 04:07 PM
I've put the Pelikan on hold (someone said they'd take it). The Parker is still available! (I think the Parker is the better deal here, personally, as the repair involved is minimal ;))

fountainpenkid
December 14th, 2015, 06:37 PM
Pelikan has sold!

SeminarianMike
December 14th, 2015, 06:53 PM
How much for that 142G?

fountainpenkid
December 14th, 2015, 07:00 PM
How much for that 142G?

I sold that a few weeks back, sorry.

carlos.q
December 15th, 2015, 05:44 AM
I can't believe this 51 has not yet sold! Come on people... Everyone needs at least one!!!!

KBeezie
December 15th, 2015, 08:21 AM
I can't believe this 51 has not yet sold! Come on people... Everyone needs at least one!!!!

Is it a 51 Pencil though? That's what's confusing, I'm mainly looking at the pic of the old pelikan nib but can't really tell what's left from the wa the sale's listing is written.

PS: Inbox full.

fountainpenkid
December 15th, 2015, 08:41 AM

Is it a 51 Pencil though? That's what's confusing, I'm mainly looking at the pic of the old pelikan nib but can't really tell what's left from the wa the sale's listing is written.

PS: Inbox full.

It is the fountain pen!