PDA

View Full Version : UGH!

writingrav
December 16th, 2015, 08:22 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/17/business/smallbusiness/a-handwritten-card-signed-and-sealed-by-the-latest-technology.html?hpw&rref=technology&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&module=well-region&region=bottom-well&WT.nav=bottom-well&_r=0

TSherbs
December 16th, 2015, 08:29 PM
Is Goulet doing this? :)

Lady Onogaro
December 16th, 2015, 09:29 PM
It's ridiculous.

Crazyorange
December 17th, 2015, 04:09 AM
Wow for that kind of money you could have a top of the line pen to write your cards with. I'm surprised people are that lazy and willing to throw so much money at appearing they actually wrote something.

Seriously folk, we should open a copy cat business. Imagine the pens we could buy and write off as a business expense.

Neo
December 17th, 2015, 04:24 AM
Wow for that kind of money you could have a top of the line pen to write your cards with. I'm surprised people are that lazy and willing to throw so much money at appearing they actually wrote something.

Seriously folk, we should open a copy cat business. Imagine the pens we could buy and write off as a business expense.

+1

and the inks....

Bogon07
December 17th, 2015, 02:29 PM
Will Sonny Caberwal be offering a special InCoWriMo2016 package ?

“You have to assemble all the pieces,” Mr. Caberwal said — including paper, a pen, the recipient’s address, an envelope and a stamp — and then the note has to be written and mailed, all of which is time-consuming. He wanted to enable people to do that more easily, by harnessing technology to create a product that still felt very personal and worth keeping.
:pound:

fountainpenkid
December 18th, 2015, 10:34 AM
This is PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

southpaw52
December 18th, 2015, 11:51 AM
I still and will always prefer the old fashion way, pen, ink and paper.

Morgaine
December 19th, 2015, 02:16 PM
forged signatures?!

ThriveToScribe
December 20th, 2015, 04:15 AM
Will Sonny Caberwal be offering a special InCoWriMo2016 package ?

“You have to assemble all the pieces,” Mr. Caberwal said — including paper, a pen, the recipient’s address, an envelope and a stamp — and then the note has to be written and mailed, all of which is time-consuming. He wanted to enable people to do that more easily, by harnessing technology to create a product that still felt very personal and worth keeping.
:pound:

Gee, LIFE is time-consuming! And I can't think of a better way of consuming my life than with pen, ink and paper---and lots of people to write to!

"UGH"is the mot juste for this entrepreneur's idea. And how can those Professional Calligraphers contribute to something that's taking their professions and making a mockery of them?

What's next? Virtual fruitcake??

Bogon07
December 20th, 2015, 02:01 PM
I wonder which activities Sonny Caberwal would consider worth his time, compared to hand writing "thank you" notes ? Makes you doubt the sincerity of his thank yous if he considers that sort of thing too time consuming.
If you are really THAT important you would have your people do it for you. Like the Queen of England.

This is my grumpy Monday post.

writingrav
December 21st, 2015, 06:04 AM
I wonder which activities Sonny Caberwal would consider worth his time, compared to hand writing "thank you" notes ? Makes you doubt the sincerity of his thank yous if he considers that sort of thing too time consuming.
If you are really THAT important you would have your people do it for you. Like the Queen of England.

This is my grumpy Monday post.
I love grumpy Monday posts. Especially on the first day of winter.

TerraNoir
December 21st, 2015, 06:28 AM
Woooooooooooooow. That's actually a little scary. They want to forge your signature for you and copy your handwriting. Anyone who has received a letter from me knows that the longer it gets, my letters tend to change. Handwriting has character to it. It just seem all...scary! Definitely not pleased with this.

Assemble all the ingredients together? Seriously. I'm sure Goulet would LOVE to put together a package together. WITH STAMPS! So that people would enjoy writing with a pen again. Hint hint: Maybe they should for InCo 2016.

This is just scary and disappointing.

Bogon07
December 21st, 2015, 02:38 PM
Woooooooooooooow. That's actually a little scary. They want to forge your signature for you and copy your handwriting. Anyone who has received a letter from me knows that the longer it gets, my letters tend to change. Handwriting has character to it. It just seem all...scary! Definitely not pleased with this.

Assemble all the ingredients together? Seriously. I'm sure Goulet would LOVE to put together a package together. WITH STAMPS! So that people would enjoy writing with a pen again. Hint hint: Maybe they should for InCo 2016.

This is just scary and disappointing.

What is truly scary is the number of people who would think this is a great idea.

It would be a good opportunity for the PostOffice to offer a whole letter writing kit complete with stamps (domestic and international versions) instead of whining about the drop in letter revenue.
Something the banker in charge of Aust PO could think about rather than double the cost of a domestic letter (only 43% increase if opt for slower delivery).
Oh dear looks like a grumpy Tuesday now. :o