PDA

View Full Version : registered yet experiencing difficulties

Biber
December 17th, 2015, 09:14 AM
I've been registered for quite some time (as I recall) and I'm only recently returning to participate, yet I find some difficulties. I find that I cannot edit my posts. While I don't have too many qualms with this, it does make for a cluttered thread when I have to re-post to correct an error I see after the fact.

I also cannot view images. I get a pop up that says I do not have permission to view them. Really?

jar
December 17th, 2015, 10:08 AM
Make a few more posts and see if the issues do not resolve themselves.

Biber
December 17th, 2015, 10:18 AM
I thought as much. What, generally, is the number of posts beyond which such issues clear up? I didn't see any rules to the effect in the forum guidelines, but perhaps I didn't look far enough. I'm not too overly concerned quite frankly.

Chrissy
December 17th, 2015, 10:59 AM
I would try the effect of signing out then signing in again. If that doesn't help, then I suggest you should contact the administrator.

jar
December 17th, 2015, 11:18 AM
IIRC it was thirty posts.

Biber
December 17th, 2015, 11:21 AM
Thanks, I don't recall ever seeing anything to that effect. Couple more posts and I'm in the fold.

Biber
December 17th, 2015, 11:24 AM
And of course, wouldn't ya know I can't find a thread that I would care to post to that would put me over the top! Oh well, this one should do it.

Biber
December 17th, 2015, 11:36 AM
My 32nd post - still not able to edit or view thumbnail images. Maybe a time limit as well? Oh well, I'll just ride it out and hope to hear back from the admin before long. Sincere thanks to those who replied.

VertOlive
December 17th, 2015, 12:43 PM
I'm sure admin can bail you out soon. Glad to have you here and welcome!

Scrawler
December 19th, 2015, 11:33 AM
Is it possible this is a browser or proxy setting?

Biber
December 19th, 2015, 12:14 PM
Can't access member map either. I use Firefox generally, but tried Google Chrome with no difference. still and edit or view images.

Wile E Coyote
December 19th, 2015, 01:52 PM
Maybe you should feed your computer some laxatives and try it at home.

tandaina
December 19th, 2015, 03:19 PM
EDIT: Damn missed your post. If it isn't browser based I'd say contact an admin. :\

Biber
December 20th, 2015, 10:01 AM
We don't do computer at home.

I have contacted the admin (on the 17th). Nothing but crickets so far.

Wile E Coyote
December 20th, 2015, 12:22 PM
Any popup or ad blockers?

Biber
December 28th, 2015, 07:49 AM
Sorry to be late getting back.

Yes, pop up blocker on firefox but not on Google Chrome which didn't work either.

Still hearing crickets from admin, which I contacted on the 17th. Will look into it further next week when I'm back to work.

Scooby921
December 30th, 2015, 07:04 AM
Is it a user profile setting for how things are viewed and what is available to you as visible buttons and options on a page/post? I haven't had any trouble editing posts since the day I registered and I've been using Chrome and Firefox as well.

Biber
January 4th, 2016, 10:31 AM
Could this be it?

[edit - Well yes indeed it is! all that was needed was a reset. Thank you admin!!]