PDA

View Full Version : Ink Review: Kaweco Pearl Black

Chrissy
December 29th, 2015, 10:18 AM
This is Kaweco Pearl Black ink that I used in the Kaweco Chess Sport pen when I tested it. You can find the Chess Sport pen review Here (http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/14278-FP-Review-Kaweco-Classic-Chess-Sport)

I used a Pearl Black cartridge in the Chess Sport and it was fitted with a gold plated steel M nib. I also switched in a 1.1 steel nib as a comparison. Both nibs wrote really smoothly with Pearl Black ink. Even though I'm not a fan of black inks, I actually enjoyed writing with this one.

Pearl Black is a quite saturated dark black ink. It's the blackest black ink that I have tried. It doesn't lean grey or greenish. It is a really well behaved ink and I can highly recommend it as a top quality ink.

You might still find some older bottles of Kaweco black ink. The two inks are a very similar colour. However, you can tell if you have one of the newer bottles or packs of cartridges because the name of the ink is now printed on the boxes. Kaweco cartridges are also now impressed with their brand name.

This ink isn't waterproof, and it doesn't stain fingers.

Kaweco ink is made in Germany. It is available in 30ml bottles or packs containing 6 standard international sized cartridges.

da vinci
December 29th, 2015, 10:43 AM
Thanks for a helpful review. Any more troublesome than the average ink to clean from the pen?

Marsilius
December 29th, 2015, 10:58 AM
Another professional incredible review!

Chrissy
December 29th, 2015, 11:37 AM
Thank you. :) You're both very welcome. :)

I had no problems at all cleaning this ink out of the Kaweco Chess Sport pen. In fact all of the Kaweco inks have cleaned out of their pens very easily

Marsilius
December 29th, 2015, 11:53 AM
I'd be curious to see your review of a Kaweco sepia that I saw in the store.

Chrissy
December 29th, 2015, 02:14 PM
I'd be curious to see your review of a Kaweco sepia that I saw in the store.

It's interesting that you mention that, because Sepia may be one of the previous versions of Kaweco brown. I reviewed the current Caramel Brown Here.
(http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/14054-Ink-Review-Kaweco-Caramel-Brown)
However, I bought some Kaweco Earth Brown cartridges from Hamilton Pen Co. before I received these latest Kaweco inks, when my friend and I were comparing a couple of Kaweco inks with some other inks.

I did some simple chromas on the Earth Brown cartridges I had, and have since found that Caramel Brown is different. My friend bought a brown sample that turned out to be Sepia, and according to her chroma, that was different again. So, while I have Caramel Brown and Earth Brown, I've never had any Sepia.

It isn't a current colour, because I have all of the current versions

Marsilius
December 29th, 2015, 05:30 PM
Yes, I guess I was confused a bit about which brown it was. The store has an ink book but not always exactly the same inks appear in book and on shelf. Thanks for the link and another great review.