PDA

View Full Version : Pilot Vanishing Point body availability?

Tiggercat
January 1st, 2016, 07:06 PM
It's nice to be able to buy spare nib units for Pilot Vanishing Point pens, but at this point, I have one pen body and three nib units. It would be redundant to buy a new pen with a nib unit I already have, so I was wondering if anyone knew of a dealer who would sell the body only. Barring that, will the standard gold nib units fit the bodies on Rakuten that ship with steel nibs?

mitchromley
January 1st, 2016, 09:18 PM
Engeika sells them but are (sadly) out of stock at the moment. I've inquired as to whether they'll be restocked but haven't heard back.

So long as it's all for the regular VP and not the decimo or fermo it should fit. It might work for those too but I just don't know.

Frank
January 1st, 2016, 09:50 PM
It's nice to be able to buy spare nib units for Pilot Vanishing Point pens, but at this point, I have one pen body and three nib units. It would be redundant to buy a new pen with a nib unit I already have, so I was wondering if anyone knew of a dealer who would sell the body only. Barring that, will the standard gold nib units fit the bodies on Rakuten that ship with steel nibs?

Richard's Pens will sell body units only on the VP Pens....

Tiggercat
January 2nd, 2016, 04:39 AM
I thought Richard was out of the new pen business.

jwynn9154
January 2nd, 2016, 11:42 AM
Gold nib units will fit the pens from Japan that come with steel nibs.

fpquest
January 2nd, 2016, 03:58 PM
Richard is out of pen retail (for the most part). He refers people to www.indy-pen-dance.com who do sell VPs body only. Select body only under nib size. (I've never bought from them, just noticed that Richard refers to them on his site)

Curtisvan
January 2nd, 2016, 10:05 PM
Richard is out of pen retail (for the most part). He refers people to www.indy-pen-dance.com who do sell VPs body only. Select body only under nib size. (I've never bought from them, just noticed that Richard refers to them on his site)

For the same price they charge for the body only, you can buy a vp with steel nib on Amazon. I'd do that. Never too many nibs.

rafapa
January 3rd, 2016, 12:55 AM
My problem is that I am interested in the décimo which does not seem to be available with the special alloy nib.