PDA

View Full Version : Edison Beaumont Named Goldspot's Pen of the Year, 2012!

bgray
November 15th, 2012, 07:07 AM
Hi Pen Fans!

I'm proud to announce that the Edison Beaumont has been named Goldspot Luxury Gifts Pen of the Year, 2012!

Some of you may be confused by this, as Goldspot announced this honor to another pen earlier this week.

Well, it turns out that Goldspot uncovered irrefutable evidence showing that the vote was hacked in the last 2-3 hours. The Beaumont was ahead by a minimum of 6% the entire voting period, and then in the last couple hours, another pen suddenly surged ahead to win by 4%.

Well, it turns out the that vote was hacked. If you'd like to read Goldspot's statement, it is here. (http://goldspotpens.blogspot.com/2012/11/conid-fountainbel-and-edison-beaumont.html)

I had no idea that the pen community could be so scandalous! :)

Regardless, we'd like to thank everyone who voted (legitimately!)

So in the last two years, the Huron was nominated for a Pen World Reader's Choice Award, the Collier won Goldspot's Pen of the Year 2011, and then the Beaumont just won Goldspot's Pen of the year 2012! That's two years running for Edison in the Goldspot polls!

Again, thanks to everyone for voting. Next week when we take a break, we'll have one more item to be thankful for!

Brian at Edison

http://edisonpenco.smugmug.com/photos/i-6km3HHR/0/L/i-6km3HHR-L.jpg

John the Monkey
November 15th, 2012, 07:54 AM
Oh, that blue deserves the prize all on its own, lovely!

Congratulations!

KrazyIvan
November 15th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Well deserved recognition and congratulations!

*On a side note, I am ashamed that people in the community would try to fix a vote like this. :jaw:

fountainpenkid
November 15th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Great looking pen, nice job Brian! Make a piston filler and I'll consider ;) :) Then again I have special needs...(I use my pens more than most and so they need to hold more ink)

bgray
November 15th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Great looking pen, nice job Brian! Make a piston filler and I'll consider ;) :) Then again I have special needs...(I use my pens more than most and so they need to hold more ink)

Actually, something cooler than a piston filler is coming together really nice right now! Hopefully January.....

And if a piston filler is a must, then a piston filler is on the agenda right after this one.

Bogon07
November 15th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Congratulations Brian and the Edison Pen company. The truth will out.
Great workmanship in the art of fountainpennery.
I've hope your business continues to flourish and champion fountain pens.

fountainpenkid
November 15th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Actually, something cooler than a piston filler is coming together really nice right now! Hopefully January.....

And if a piston filler is a must, then a piston filler is on the agenda right after this one.

cooler than a piston filler...oh...now you've caught my attention!

bgray
November 15th, 2012, 05:52 PM
cooler than a piston filler...oh...now you've caught my attention!

Well, I think that it's cooler than a piston! And it will probably cost less.

fountainpenkid
November 15th, 2012, 06:44 PM
bulb filler? button filler? or is a non-sac filling pen?

bgray
November 15th, 2012, 08:27 PM
bulb filler? button filler? or is a non-sac filling pen?

None of the above, and it would be really tough to guess this one.

God, I soooo want to spill the beans, but I can't just yet....late Dec/early Jan, keep your ear to the ground!

KrazyIvan
November 15th, 2012, 10:34 PM
Vac filler

earthdawn
November 15th, 2012, 10:56 PM
Congrats Brian !!!!

Awesome job and well deserved :bump2:

Jon Szanto
November 16th, 2012, 12:51 AM
Nice work, Mr. Gray. Congratulations on recognition for your artistry and craft.

fountainpenkid
November 16th, 2012, 01:22 PM
I'll leave you alone to your work Mr. Gray and be suprised!! ;)

bgray
November 16th, 2012, 03:32 PM
I'll leave you alone to your work Mr. Gray and be suprised!! ;)

I'm definitely fired up about this one, so I won't be wasting time! Thanks!

snedwos
November 17th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Chilton Pneumatic?

Maja
November 17th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Well deserved recognition and congratulations!

*On a side note, I am ashamed that people in the community would try to fix a vote like this. :jaw:

Me, too :(
I've seen and tried a CONID bulk-filler in person (one of my fellow pen club members owns one) and it's a stunning technical and aesthetic achievement. Having said that, unless I win a lottery, I doubt I will ever own one ;)

Nice to see a Candian online retailer (AlexanderPenCo.com) now carrying Edison pens. That Beaumont in "Bedrock Flake" looks lovely and is on my Wish List....Well done, Brian! :D

fountainpenkid
November 18th, 2012, 05:43 AM
I voted for the bulk filler all the way...because it really is the first advancement in many years--visconti's funky systems shouldn't count half the time because the often hold very little ink.

Steph
November 19th, 2012, 05:56 PM
None of the above, and it would be really tough to guess this one.

God, I soooo want to spill the beans, but I can't just yet....late Dec/early Jan, keep your ear to the ground!

Definitely in time for the Philly Show then? Can't wait!

Congrats on the win.