PDA

View Full Version : Squeeze converter won't fill!

Music and Ink
January 4th, 2016, 11:03 AM
I don't need 100%, but it's not even getting close to half of its capacity. I have a Classic Sport with the squeeze converter and it just won't fill. I didn't know that squeezing was so nuanced.

jar
January 4th, 2016, 11:37 AM
What is a "Classic Sport" and how far are you putting the nib in the ink? How long are you waiting for it to fill?

mhosea
January 4th, 2016, 11:44 AM
Squeeze twice and then pause for a few seconds before removing. The first squeeze saturates the feed and grip section, the second should be firm and quick to expel more air than ink. Some air left in the sac is inevitable, maybe up to about 1/3. Of course you can squeeze as many times as you like. When a squeeze expels no air, only ink, that's all she wrote. Now if you don't mind the waste and potential to make a mess, you can invert the pen, shake the ink down to the back of the sac (optional), wrap the nib and feed in a cloth or paper towel, and expel the air with the nib pointed up. Before releasing the squeeze bar, remove the now-inked cloth/towel and put the pen back into the ink supply to fill, only then releasing the bar.

chojo
January 4th, 2016, 12:19 PM
Do you mean a Kaweco sport? If so their squeeze converters are useless I have one and have never had it more than half full. Might I suggest, if this is what you have, you ditch it and get the Monteverde mini converter instead. I haven't tried it myself as yet but I've read it improves things considerably.

tandaina
January 4th, 2016, 12:37 PM
Could you fill the converter like you would an empty cart using a syringe? That might make things much easier.