PDA

View Full Version : Pilot CH 845?

Wrathen
January 5th, 2016, 06:57 PM
I stumbled across some pictures of this beautiful flat topped pen but isnt alot about them. Anyone have one or have any thoughts on them?

DASEFnib
January 6th, 2016, 03:18 AM
IIRC......some of the CH Series are only available to the Japanese market.....so info doesn't spread as far from "home"...
Despite this.....most of these beauties can STILL be had outside the "Land of the Rising Sun" -- if you know where to look.....
And....prices direct from JA are VERY OFTEN MUCH less than domestic vendors....
Good luck!

Always try to get the dibs.....on fountain pens with EF nibs!!

Wile E Coyote
January 6th, 2016, 04:02 AM
I've never heard of the CH 845 but from your description and a quick Google search it seems you may be referring to the Custom 845.

The Custom 845 is the flat top (and bottom) "flagship" of the Pilot Custom line of pens. Do a search of Pilot Custom 845 and you will find a wealth of information and reviews.

It's one of my favorite pens due to it's two tone 18k size 15 nib and urushi finish. It can also be had in red if ordered directly from Japan. Maruzen has been issuing special very limited editions in green, blue and this year, deep red. Good luck getting one of the Maruzen pens, unless you happen to be in Japan during the pen fair when they're offered.