PDA

View Full Version : Filcao Atlantica

Noroadstraveled
January 7th, 2016, 05:06 PM
I saw, on the classifieds of this forum, an ad for the Filcao Atlantica. I'm looking to get my first fountain pen, and don't know much about pens in general.
I'm wondering if it's a good choice, could I get some of your opinions on it?

Here is the link to it:
http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/14290-THE-GREAT-FILCAO-SALE-OF-2015-Continues!!-Our-best-deal-ever!

Giovanni Abrate
January 7th, 2016, 05:48 PM
That is not an Atlantica, it is an Alexander (now sold out)

oldstoat
January 9th, 2016, 03:51 AM
Giovanni's now selling the Atlantica Black. I bought the blue version and it's a lovely pen. Although it's comparable in size to Visconti Rembrandt, it's lighter. It has a very nice smooth nib, which needs no tuning and is on the fine side of medium. I think it's great, and when I took it down to the last pen fiends meeting in London, the general opinion was that it was very good value.

migo984
January 9th, 2016, 09:47 AM
Giovanni's now selling the Atlantica Black. I bought the blue version and it's a lovely pen. Although it's comparable in size to Visconti Rembrandt, it's lighter. It has a very nice smooth nib, which needs no tuning and is on the fine side of medium. I think it's great, and when I took it down to the last pen fiends meeting in London, the general opinion was that it was very good value.

There's an Atlantica Black on its way to us from Giovanni. Would you mind bringing your blue one to next week's Geeks' meeting so we can try it out again?

oldstoat
January 9th, 2016, 11:29 AM

There's an Atlantica Black on its way to us from Giovanni. Would you mind bringing your blue one to next week's Geeks' meeting so we can try it out again?

Yes of course. I think that they have the same Schmidt nib

migo984
January 9th, 2016, 01:08 PM

Thanks E :thumb:

Bogon07
January 10th, 2016, 03:57 PM

If you only read the odd letters in Schmidt ...........