PDA

View Full Version : Converters = confusion

Terie_Benjamin
January 8th, 2016, 09:22 AM
Can you please help me understand the difference between the 2 converters I received with my metropolitan?

One came with the pen, not sure how to explain it. It's metal with a rubber insert.
The other is a con 50.

What are these used for?

jar
January 8th, 2016, 09:36 AM
They are used for the same functions. See this article (http://blog.gouletpens.com/2013/08/pilot-converter-ink-capacities.html). The former is a squeeze converter, pressing collapses a rubber sac that then expands and draws in ink, the latter is a piston type converter. There is also a push button one for Pilot pens.

Dronak
January 8th, 2016, 10:02 AM
As jar said, they do the same thing: take the place of a cartridge so you can use bottled ink. They just have different mechanisms for getting the ink into the converter, and might have somewhat different ink capacities as well. You ought to be able to use whichever one you prefer though. I initially tried the converter that came with my Metropolitan, which I think is the "cleaning" converter in the article jar linked, but found it rather difficult to see how much ink was left in it. So I bought a CON-50 and now use that instead.

Terie_Benjamin
January 8th, 2016, 05:30 PM
Thank you both so much for the article and advice.

Dragonmaster Lou
January 9th, 2016, 08:01 PM
Oh, and as a heads-up, the push button converter is the CON-70, but it doesn't fit in the Metropolitan.

TAYLORPUPPY
February 6th, 2016, 11:53 PM
I wish it did

KBeezie
February 7th, 2016, 12:08 AM
Oh, and as a heads-up, the push button converter is the CON-70, but it doesn't fit in the Metropolitan.

:P Though it would if someone was able to craft a longer barrel that screws onto section (but also accepts the cap since the cap connects to the body not the grip).

But then I Guess it'd make more sense to just get a Pilot Custom 74 at $60 or so rather than spending 40-50 just to make that work :P.