PDA

View Full Version : A thought...

stevekolt
January 9th, 2016, 09:43 PM
One pen that I regret having sold is a MB Johannes Brahms with an EF nib. I am seriously considering replacing it with another with a medium nib, and having Mike Masuyama grind it to a medium stub, as I love his medium stubs on my FC pens. Please help enable me. :thank_you2:

Marsilius
January 9th, 2016, 09:50 PM
Er, go with yer bliss, man? (How's that?)

Crazyorange
January 10th, 2016, 05:02 AM
Oh..go for it. I'll enable you. Have no reserve? But need a push...Im good at that. ;)

I just swore not to buy a pen til the philly pen show. Yeah, that didn't work.

Come on over and join the club;)

penwash
January 10th, 2016, 06:34 AM
How much is a Johannes Brahms MB? Is that a special edition?
Can an ordinary MB be a consideration?
And go with Pendleton grind this time for a change.

I'm not an enabler, just giving you some ideas to consider :)

stevekolt
January 10th, 2016, 08:34 PM
PW,
The JB appeals to me as I'm a musician, and the tuning fork clip, and 5 lines representing a music staff on the cap ...speak to me. I also like the flat top to the cap as a departure from my 149 or 146. May look into the Pendleton grind, but I really am enamored with Mike Masuyama's Medium Stub grind though...

Inxoy
January 10th, 2016, 08:39 PM
Yolo?

stevekolt
January 10th, 2016, 09:05 PM
Inxoy...yolo?

Inxoy
January 10th, 2016, 10:13 PM
I was trying to encourage you to get another one...

It has been a few years since the kids were saying it but they used to say YOLO, "you only live once", to justify just about any kind of behavior.

Anne
January 10th, 2016, 10:17 PM
...just a couple of cents, but...if you already regret selling your first - you may also regret Not buying your second. I hate to be an enabler, BUT if you have the money and can comfortably buy it, then I would do it!
Good luck to you in any case :)

Anne
January 11th, 2016, 12:50 AM
Can I also say...I love that lil doggie in your avatar!

stevekolt
January 11th, 2016, 06:21 AM
Inxoy, Thanks for the explanation...that works for me! :)

Anne, My avatar is our Golden Retriever, Luke. Affectionately known as Luke-o-potamus. We also share our live with Jessi (aka Jessilicious), a ¾ German Shepherd, ¼ Lab mix.

I appreciate everyones "encouragement"!

RudyR
January 11th, 2016, 01:16 PM
Buy it but before you do, talk to Mike about what nib to get in order to grind it to your specifications. If you want a medium stub, he would probably prefer you supply him with a broad or double broad so he has more to work with.

This advise was given to me by John Mottishaw.

stevekolt
January 11th, 2016, 10:08 PM
Thanks Rudy. I wrote Mike to see what he would suggest...