PDA

View Full Version : Hi there!

AzJon
January 10th, 2016, 09:21 PM
Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Jon from Arizona, as one can probably deduce from my username.

I have a small, but growing collection of pens, the vast majority of which are vintage. I'm a migrating transplant from /r/fountainpens. Decided it was high time to give a forum based medium a shot.

Anywho, Glad to be here!

Anne
January 10th, 2016, 09:29 PM
:wave: Welcome and Have Fun here!
What is your favorite vintage pen, so far?

jar
January 10th, 2016, 09:32 PM
Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell.

AzJon
January 10th, 2016, 10:09 PM
I recently acquired a Sheaffer Balance Lady with a pump filler. It's a lovely grey/green color and the Lifetime nib is a pleasure to write with.:)

Anne
January 10th, 2016, 10:25 PM
I recently acquired a Sheaffer Balance Lady with a pump filler. It's a lovely grey/green color and the Lifetime nib is a pleasure to write with.:)

Very Nice! I don't have one, but I have only read positive remarks about the Balance on this forum. Lifetime nib, huh? I may have to look into that too :)

AzJon
January 10th, 2016, 11:36 PM
The Sheaffer Balance line is quickly becoming a favorite of mine. They are nice looking pens that can be had for (usually) reasonably prices. I highly suggest picking one up. Do you have any vintage pens? What pens do you have?

Anne
January 11th, 2016, 12:46 AM
The Sheaffer Balance line is quickly becoming a favorite of mine. They are nice looking pens that can be had for (usually) reasonably prices. I highly suggest picking one up. Do you have any vintage pens? What pens do you have?

I have a few vintage Parkers ( Parker 51, Duofold, Vac. ) and one interesting one from the Czech Republic that is in desperate need of being restored.
I have always loved pens in general, so when I got into fountain pens I kind of Dove into them! So, I have a range of them from eyedroppers to piston fillers.
It has been addictive and fun!

Waltman
January 11th, 2016, 10:21 AM
Hey AzJon,

Welcome, lots of nice and knowledgeable people here....enjoy!!

Walt

Wahl
January 11th, 2016, 11:04 AM
Hi Jon :welcome:

Hawk
January 11th, 2016, 03:14 PM
Welcome.

Jeph
January 11th, 2016, 05:23 PM
:welcome:

writingrav
January 11th, 2016, 06:45 PM
Welcome to the madness. Indulge!

SeminarianMike
January 11th, 2016, 06:52 PM
Welcome! Enjoy the forum!

Bisquitlips
February 7th, 2016, 12:09 AM
Hey Jon,

I lived in Globe for 5 years and worked at Sleeping Beauty and Pinto Valley. After that in Show Low for another 4 years.

:welcome: to FP Geeks!

We are sincerely glad you are here with us.

We love photos of pens and the various sundries, knowledge, and banter!

Thank you for deciding to join us!

Richard