PDA

View Full Version : How many different locations do you have your pens scattered across?

dmitch86
January 12th, 2016, 07:19 AM
Right now I've currently got:
At my desk at work; Charcoal Lamy Safari and a Blue Lamy
My valet tray by my front door is home to my Pilot Petit1 (if it is not on me, I pocket carry this pen everyday)
My messenger bag has a Preppy and my Platinum Preppy PN-900
My desk at home has another Preppy and my Super5
Then I have my other pens, inks, converters etc in an old Lamy gift box that I keep stored in an armoire which we use as storage in our office.

jar
January 12th, 2016, 07:36 AM
One is in my pocket and three others sitting under the computer monitor. The others are in the safes.

Paddler
January 12th, 2016, 07:54 AM
Six:
One in my shirt pocket.
Four on the end table beside my easy chair.
Three fountain pens and about twenty dip pens on my writing desk.
Handfuls of fountain pens and hundreds of dip pens in storage boxes.
A writing slope with about twenty dip pens.
A lap desk with about ten dip pens and many quills.

Dragonmaster Lou
January 12th, 2016, 09:03 AM
Two. I have 3 in a pen case in my briefcase, about 10 feet away from me right now (haven't taken it out yet as I haven't needed to write anything yet). The other pen I keep at my desk at home.

ppmiranda
January 12th, 2016, 09:57 AM
I keep my fountain pens at home. Everyday I choose one to take with me to work, where I have a backup rollerball.

top pen
January 12th, 2016, 10:30 AM
One in a pen case two others on the desk of my flat. The rest at my parents house

Newjelan
January 12th, 2016, 08:28 PM
Most are in their cupboard in my study at home; I also have several in a display box in my study and a couple in my handbag. Then at my holiday home I have several in my desk and there's 2 on the kitchen bench.

stub
January 12th, 2016, 09:49 PM
3:

1. New new home where I now live with my wife (just married)
2. My office in a city 4 hours from here where I work (/sad trombones)
3. My ancestral homeland where uh, my family lives & where also lives a box of pens and a couple eBay purchases that wouldn't ship here. heh. (sorry mom).

Dronak
January 13th, 2016, 10:01 AM
Using the first post as a guide, two. Home = uninked pens and an occasional inked pen or two, and Messenger Bag = inked pens that I carry around (generally just between home and work though).

Kaputnik
January 13th, 2016, 12:06 PM
Almost all of them are in my living room, divided between a large number of separate cases, it's true, but the same room. I write more at a table in there than anywhere else. If I'm out of the house, there will always be a couple in my shirt pocket, and if I have a bag with me, such as my laptop case, there will probably be a pen wrap in it with several more. The pens that are awaiting repair are in a box on a table in another room.

I don't keep any pens at work, although I do have some spare Pilot cartridges there.

rpsyed
January 13th, 2016, 02:18 PM
Just two spots: the majority are at home in my desk drawers. In my backpack, I always have a Lamy Safari and a Pilot Vanishing Point - great reliable pens for note taking.

VertOlive
January 13th, 2016, 08:00 PM
Three:

1.1 inked Platinum pocket pen lives in my Levenger notebook case. Only this one travels.

2. 8 currently inked pens in a pen roll on the writing table.

3. All the rest clean and tidy in the Monteverde pen case on the top shelf of the study.

writingrav
January 14th, 2016, 05:30 AM
1. One in a pen holder on my desk at home

2. One in a pen holder on my desk at work

3. Two in my pocket pen case in my shirt pocket
4. Twelve in a pen case that goes with me in my backpack
5. About ten in my for sale case.
6. The rest in pen show boxes on my home office book shelves.

Runnin_Ute
January 23rd, 2016, 08:25 AM
It depends on the day somewhat, but....

I typically keep 2-3 in a shirt pocket, most of the rest either in a pen roll or other pen case. I have 2 12 pen zippered pen cases on the way, so I can mix and match what goes to the office with me easier. I won't leave even a Jinhao at the office. If I actually had an office that might be different.

zygote
February 2nd, 2016, 09:23 PM
Let me think on it for a minute:
1) one lamy safari in my coat pocket
2) one 51 in my purse
3) two pens (I don't remember which ones) in my messenger bag along with a purple gel pen that I allow non-fountain pen users to borrow.
4) My Twsbi vac-700, a blue Parker Vacumatic and an as yet unidentified pen (I think it's a Waltham made to look like a Waterman) with a flexible 14 k warranted nib are currently clipped to the journal I tote around from room to room
5) a bunch in a jar on my desk, along with some on the desk and some in a box on the desk
6) I think I saw a varsity one of the kids left on the kitchen counter when I walked through just now
7) My Waterman Starlet and my Waterman 12 eyedropper (both with delicate flexible nibs) are in the drawer in my head board to keep the kids from using them
8) a Pilot Metropolitan is somewhere in a mail bin on it's way to me. Hey, I paid for it so it counts, right?

Except for no.s 2 and 7 they all tend to rotate through the various locations, although the lamy and the twsbi vac 700 tend to be the ones that go to work with me most often.

Sandy Fry
February 3rd, 2016, 05:20 AM
1 in my pocket. Several in my office at home. A few in the bedroom and 3 in my EDC pen case.

David

carlos.q
February 3rd, 2016, 05:31 AM
Two pens are always with me. Today they are Pelikan M805 and M205
One at the office: a Lamy 2000
The rest at home, waiting their turn to come out and play.

inklord
February 3rd, 2016, 09:16 AM
19 in my fancy lacquered wood collectors box that I was given by a client (and which probably cost twice as much as any of my pens) and then my 6 LAMYs in the large box that my latest LAMY came in... one or two of those usually ride with me in a Franklin-Christoph zippered pouch or a homemade leather slip case when I go to work or sit on my desk when I write at home. Both boxes sit on a dresser next to my desk at home.

ethernautrix
February 5th, 2016, 04:50 PM
If they're inked, they're always within reach. The uninked ones are in a box in a box in a szafa. (Polish for "wardrobe.")

SeminarianMike
February 5th, 2016, 05:22 PM
I have pens at my house. Montreverde invincia Deluxe, a twsbi diamond 580, and a few jinhaos, at the seminary has the bulk of my pen collect. I always keep my pilot hertiage 92 in my book bag along with a waterman demonstrator... What's in the bulk of my collection remains a mystery [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]