PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Yorkshire, UK

LadyPenelope
January 13th, 2016, 06:25 AM
Hello

I've just posted about a 1920s Eversharp pencil I found in a drawer, then realised I forgot to introduce myself. So here goes.

I have always loved fountain pens, although never been able to afford fancy ones. I've started compensating myself for that by buying inks instead.:)

Have a few dip pens - and one day want to learn Copperplate as I do a lot of research in the archives, and one reason I'm interested in different styles of handwriting is that it makes it easier to read them if you know a bit about them!

But really I love fountain pens and am currently re-teaching myself a rough form of Italics (originally learned in the 1970s but a long way out of practice now).

Pens include: Shaeffer and Manuscript calligraphy sets
Lamy Safari with 1.1. Italic nib
Pilot MR
Unidentified 1990s/2000s cheapo Parker
Parker Vector
Parker Slimfold (earlier 1960s one)
Herbin demonstrator (the cheap one)
And, out of curiosity, a couple of blingy Jinhaos on the way!

Am afraid now I have started researching mechanical pencils, some vintage ones might well star finding their way to my house... I'm a keen haunter of car boot sales and junk shops. Already have a lot of modern mechanical pencils, some better than others but have had fun today playing with the old Eversharp...

Inks I have: several J Herbin and several Diamine. I also, coincidentally have a few 19thC ink bottles, not many, but can see that collection growing.

RuiFromUK
January 13th, 2016, 06:33 AM
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Hopefully you will enjoy it as much as I do.

writingrav
January 13th, 2016, 06:58 AM
Welcome to the madness. Indulge!

jar
January 13th, 2016, 07:32 AM
Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell.

Waltman
January 13th, 2016, 08:26 AM
Hi,

Welcome! There are lots of nice and knowledgeable people here! Enjoy!

Walt

Anne
January 13th, 2016, 10:07 AM
Hello and Welcome :)
I have a Sheaffer calligraphy set also and I am interested to know how you would compare the Sheaffer with the Manuscript. I have thought about getting the Manuscript too but am pretty happy with the Sheaffer.
Do you have favorite inks/colors?

Hawk
January 13th, 2016, 02:19 PM
Welcome.

Lady Onogaro
January 13th, 2016, 04:08 PM
Hi, Lady Penelope,

We share quite a few pens in common. I'm glad to see someone else has/uses a Parker Slimfold. I really like the one I have. Does yours have a flexy nib?

That's good luck on the Eversharp find! Thanks for posting about it.

Hope you enjoy the forum!

Jeph
January 13th, 2016, 06:39 PM
:welcome:

Wahl
January 14th, 2016, 11:43 AM
:welcome:

Bisquitlips
February 7th, 2016, 12:00 AM
Holy COW~~~~!!!!!

I love Yourkshire! I should have been born British! Sheesh! BritSHEESH!

:welcome: to FP Geeks!

We are sincerely glad you are here with us.

We love photos of pens and the various sundries, knowledge, and banter!

Thank you for deciding to join us!

Richard