PDA

View Full Version : Simple Writing Slope

Patrick
January 13th, 2016, 03:51 PM
I have had this for a few years as my desk gets bogged down with computer junk often , it's good to have a portable writing area (also i'm glad we kept the old dining table as it handles ink stains well hehe)
http://i714.photobucket.com/albums/ww145/patpug/pens/IMG_2247_zpszvygrcsp.jpg
http://i714.photobucket.com/albums/ww145/patpug/pens/IMG_2249_zpsegiakx31.jpg

Lady Onogaro
January 13th, 2016, 04:10 PM
That's lovely. I have a badly beaten up Bombay Company slope that works pretty well as a lap desk, but I like yours better. I would like a wide one like that.

Patrick
January 13th, 2016, 04:23 PM
That's lovely. I have a badly beaten up Bombay Company slope that works pretty well as a lap desk, but I like yours better. I would like a wide one like that.
i'm a lefty so the width comes in very handy , I seem to require more room then most .

SeminarianMike
January 13th, 2016, 04:56 PM
Very cool! Nice workstation I really need to look into a lap desk for when I'm sitting in our chapel working

ac12
January 13th, 2016, 06:20 PM
For the way I write, I find the bottom ledge gets in the way of my arm.

tandaina
January 13th, 2016, 09:32 PM
I need to actually try one of these because I cannot imagine using one. It seems like it would torque my wrist horribly. I really don't understand how folks use these, I write flat on the table, arm resting gently on the table...

bluesea
January 13th, 2016, 10:41 PM
^ Same here, although architects and drafters used to use sloped tables as well.

Made my own drafting table with about 2" rise at 24" depth, and have been thinking of building one for writing at a similar rise. Too lazy though.

Nice desktop Patrick. I like your ink box with its distressed paint.

Patrick
January 13th, 2016, 10:59 PM
^ Same here, although architects and drafters used to use sloped tables as well.

Made my own drafting table with about 2" rise at 24" depth, and have been thinking of building one for writing at a similar rise. Too lazy though.

Nice desktop Patrick. I like your ink box with its distressed paint.Its not something I use all the time but it's not uncomfortable for me,the ink box is pretty neat my Dad made it about 20 years ago out of scrap it does have an 1882 Silver dollar inlaid in the top ,he was always fond of coins