PDA

View Full Version : Your Own Signature Color

RayCornett
January 13th, 2016, 04:14 PM
How many of you have ended up mixing what you consider your ideal ink with the ideal properties, color, shade? Did you stop there and not bother with any other inks except more of the inks necessary for your signature ink recipe?

Anne
January 13th, 2016, 04:22 PM
My repeat mix is Waterman Serenity Blue and Waterman Intense Black ( equal amounts ).
I don't think I will ever stop experimenting to find other successful mixes of colors I like.
The search in on for a green, purple, etc. :D

Anne
January 13th, 2016, 04:58 PM
...just looking through my little book of ink recipes and found a good amount of pretty colors I have made, but if any "cling-ons" occur in the test vial when it sits for a week or more, I reluctantly cease to make that mix again. I have notes to maybe try in a wider nib or different amounts if I feel brave in the future :p
Other successful mixes were:
Mont Blanc Royal Blue/Mont Blanc Black - nice shading ( equal amounts ) for a blue-black color.
J. Herbin Bouton D' Or/J. Herbin Lie De The - bold nib used, shading, dry ink ( equal amounts ) for a light/caramel brown color.
Waterman Serenity Blue/J. Herbin Bouton D' Or - bold nib used ( equal amounts ) for a dark spring green color.
P. W. Akkerman Resident's Blue/P. W. Akkerman Denneweg Groen ( equal amounts ) for a tealish color.

SeminarianMike
January 13th, 2016, 04:59 PM
Does anyone cross brands while mixing ink?

Anne
January 13th, 2016, 05:02 PM

All the time :)
Personally, I have had no luck with the colors I have chosen to mix of the Diamine brand. I have been very happy to see other people had luck and I will try those mixes in the future. I just don't have the particular colors they used right now. Plus, shimmer kind of scares me :haha:

Inxoy
January 13th, 2016, 10:29 PM

Pelikan 4001 Turquoise 85-90% and Diamine Twilight 10-15% - gives the turquoise a darker shade overall but where it really nails it for me is it gives more contrasted shading.

stub
January 14th, 2016, 01:44 AM
I never mix but if i was one of them Sailor Ink nerds I would try to make the color of Parker Penman Sapphire w/ the flow and lubrication of something like Aurora Black. heh.

:whip:

The Good Captain
January 14th, 2016, 03:19 AM
I once make a perfectly satisfactory mix using Conway Stewart Blue, Waterman Florida Blue and Diamine Majestic Blue. I can't find the paper with the proportions on it at present but there were no 'brand' problems, as it were. Of course, some say that even the 'early' CS inks were made by Diamine anyway.
However, in answer to the question, I now use a great dark blue/blue-black mix of Aurora Blue:Aurora Black in a ration of about 3:1 in that order. I call it 'Haag' as it use it solely in an Aurora 88 I bought from Akkerman's in Den Haag (The Hague) a couple of years ago. I love the depth and subtlety of the colour but might try a 4:1 ratio next time, just to see the difference - if any!

RuiFromUK
January 14th, 2016, 03:36 AM
Montblanc Honore de Balzac at least until the Pelikan Edelstein 2016 comes out.

Anne
January 15th, 2016, 05:45 PM
How many of you have ended up mixing what you consider your ideal ink with the ideal properties, color, shade? Did you stop there and not bother with any other inks except more of the inks necessary for your signature ink recipe?

Do you mix ink too? Is there an ink mixture you successfully made ( no clumps/cling ons ) that you liked the color of and would make again?
There aren't too many areas of my life where I am adventurous, but I am when it comes to mixing inks. So, that's why I don't think I would ever stop trying to create more.

Anne
January 15th, 2016, 05:50 PM
I never mix but if i was one of them Sailor Ink nerds I would try to make the color of Parker Penman Sapphire w/ the flow and lubrication of something like Aurora Black. heh.

:whip:

That just sounds like inspiration to me :)
I understand, though, that some people just don't mix inks and some others are probably against it.

Inxoy
January 15th, 2016, 10:49 PM
90% pelikan 4001 turquiose
10% diamine twilight

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160116/6c19727142bd273ad31aeb800dc3463c.jpg

Sailor Kenshin
January 16th, 2016, 08:12 AM
Not that these are signature colors, maybe, but they work:

'Hero Hanbun' --- half Hero blue, half Hero blue-black. Nice, dignified color.

'Blaquoise' --- half Skrip Turquoise, half Skrip Blue-Back. Deep teal color.

'Lierre Saphir'--- half JH Lierre Sauvage, half Eclat de Saphir. Can you tell I like teal-y colors?

'Navy Green’ ---eyedropper bottle full of Lamy Turquoise, Diamine Steel Blue, Emerald, PR Midnight Blues, I dunno, I just keep dumping colors in there. Deep, deep evergreen.

'GI Navajo' ---half Noodler's Midway GI Green, half Noodler's Navajo Turquoise. Another teal color, thicker than Blaquoise.

'Black Swan In GI Roses' --- some GI Navajo, and lesser amounts JH Perle Noir. Greenish-blueish-blackish, used in my Tachikawa manga pen.

Lady Onogaro
January 16th, 2016, 03:47 PM
10% diamine twilight

I really like that!

SeminarianMike
January 17th, 2016, 05:26 AM
10% diamine twilight

I really like that!