PDA

View Full Version : SOLD Several 1960s MB 149s for sale (from EF to BB)

zaddick
January 15th, 2016, 04:07 PM
Some great 1960s MB 149s for sale. I just have too many of these pens and it is time to pass some along to people who will appreciate the quality of a vintage 149 that you cannot have in a modern pen. These pens are all in great shape. I cannot seem to get pictures posted here, but I am more than happy to send you all you want if you message me your email. Price include priority shipping in the Us. Other locations at cost.

REDUCED to $800 early 1960s, BB width 14C tri-tone, good flex and smooth, solid ebonite feed (may be a replacement from late 1960s or early 1970s), press-fit piston (higher ink capacity), fully reconditioned by Brad Torelli and ready for many more years of service, light micro scratches on surface as pen was not polished

REDUCED to $500 as is - early 1960s, F or EF width 14C tri-tone, good flex, lots of patina on the nib that can be cleaned or kept, grooved face feed, press-fit piston (higher ink capacity), good shape with a light posting ring on body, small tine alignment needed (if this does not sell I will get the pen serviced by Brad and increase the price next time)

I have another vintage MB 149 from the 1960s that has some condition issues. The nib is around M width with some flex, but the pen has a clip with a hairline crack and the cap has a chip on the lip. It is a press-fit piston fill and a grooved face feed. It is usable as it stands, but it could be a good candidate to sending in to MB for a complete replacement of parts except the great nib. Then you have a new pen with a vintage nib. If I keep the pen that is probably what I will do after removing the feed. If you want that pen I’d ask $375.

SOLD

mid to late 1960s, F or EF width 14C tri-tone

zaddick
January 18th, 2016, 04:46 PM
One of the nibs was mis-labeled before. The excellent condition F or EF nibbed pen is 14C not 18C.

I have writing samples of all the nibs.

I am open to reasonable offers or trades for other high end pens with large nibs, urushi, or maki-e.

zaddick
February 26th, 2016, 04:17 PM
One pen sold, the others have price reductions.