PDA

View Full Version : Jinhao pen & noodler's #6

Inxoy
January 16th, 2016, 11:21 PM
I bought a noodler's #6 flex to try on a jinhao pen. I've replaced the stock jinhao nib with a goulet #6 and had no issues but I can't get the noodler's flex #6 to go into the pen. I was under the impression all #6s would work. Has anyone tried this before? Looking at the nib I can't see a detectable difference in size or thickness but I'm guessing the thickness is what is keeping it from seating. I wasn't expecting stellar results but it wasn't an expensive nib and the pen is cheap enough if I break it I won't cry. Just curious if anyone else has attempted this and was able to make it work.

SeminarianMike
January 17th, 2016, 12:25 PM
Noodlers nibs aren't true #6 and the jinhao feed also would never keep up with flex. Brian goulet has an excellent video explaining this in a recent Q and A

KBeezie
January 17th, 2016, 04:59 PM
You can fit a Jowo #6 into a Noodler's pen, but not a Noodler's Nib into most other Jowo fitting pens.

You have a better chance of making a Zebra-G dip nib fit into a Jinhao pen than you do a Noodler's nib. (But you'll have to replace the Zebra-G nib every few months as it corrodes faster).

Inxoy
January 17th, 2016, 06:43 PM
Very helpful from you both, thanks.