PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me a Gold Green ink

penwash
January 20th, 2016, 03:43 PM
I am mesmerized by R&K Alt GoldGrun.
But before I buy it, I thought it would be wise to ask the collective ink smarts in this forum if there is an alternative that I should consider.

Chrissy
January 20th, 2016, 03:57 PM
Diamine Safari is a potential alternative

penwash
January 20th, 2016, 04:08 PM
Thank you Chrissy, have you done one of your awesome ink review on D. Safari yet?

Chrissy
January 20th, 2016, 04:26 PM
You're very kind, but I'm embarrassed to say that I bought Safari as soon as it came out and I don't think I reviewed it. I must correct that error because I really like the ink.

I've reviewed Diamine Wagner, and you might like that colour as it's a similar tonal range. I know I compared R&K Alt Goldgrun with one ink I reviewed, so I guess it must be Wagner.

I tried searching but got stuck by the 'wait 60 secs' rule twice. It's tiresome.

tandaina
January 20th, 2016, 05:24 PM
Nope, that is in my opinion the best gold/green on the market. Buy it.

VertOlive
January 20th, 2016, 08:50 PM
Sailor Kingdom Note's "T. Japonensis" ("Evening Cicada").

penwash
January 20th, 2016, 10:04 PM
Sailor Kingdom Note's "T. Japonensis" ("Evening Cicada").

Nice, but it's a bit darker than R&K A GG. It reminds me of Callifolio Olivastre (also one of my favorites).

migo984
January 20th, 2016, 11:01 PM
Safari is darker & Wagner is browner. If you really want an alternative (although I can't think of a reason not to buy A-G) I'd go for either Noodler's Army Green or Herbin Vert Olive.

There are some excellent comparisons of green ink swatches on the other forum. For example

http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/279433-inky-t-o-d-color-swatches-green-please-post-your-pictures-and-tell-us-your-thoughts/?p=3228025