PDA

View Full Version : L'Amant--Anything Close?

Lady Onogaro
January 21st, 2016, 10:50 AM
Hi,

I love purple inks, and I have seen some reviews of L'Amant, but I don't think I have seen any comparisons and wondered if there is anything close to as it as I am unlikely to ever find a bottle to purchase (Vanness had some, but sold out almost immediately).

Crazyorange
January 22nd, 2016, 11:52 AM
I can send you a sample. It's a beautiful ink.

Lady Onogaro
January 22nd, 2016, 12:21 PM
That would be so kind of you, Crazyorange. My address is on the InCoWriMo list, or I can PM you with it.

Chrissy
January 22nd, 2016, 12:53 PM
I have never seen L'Amant, but I saw a thread (http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/292901-sailor-bungbox-lamant/page-3)that suggested you could mix Diamine Pansy and Hope Pink to make something similar.

I have D. Pansy and I'm getting Hope Pink, but I can't compare them with L'Amant.

Lady Onogaro
January 22nd, 2016, 12:56 PM
I don't have either of those. Someone did a review of it over at the other place, and I liked what I saw there.

migo984
January 22nd, 2016, 01:46 PM
Hi,

I love purple inks, and I have seen some reviews of L'Amant, but I don't think I have seen any comparisons and wondered if there is anything close to as it as I am unlikely to ever find a bottle to purchase (Vanness had some, but sold out almost immediately).

I have L'Amant too but it's in Aus so you'll get a sample much more quickly if crazyorange sends it. I've enclosed 4 sheets of swatches of all my purple inks (here in the UK) in my recent letter to you, so please do PM me with any other sample requests you may have.

Lady Onogaro
January 22nd, 2016, 02:05 PM
Hi,

I have L'Amant too but it's in Aus so you'll get a sample much more quickly if crazyorange sends it. I've enclosed 4 sheets of swatches of all my purple inks (here in the UK) in my recent letter to you, so please do PM me with any other sample requests you may have.

Thank you very much, migo. I love purple, so I am not on the search for the perfect purple--just good or fun choices, if you know what I mean.

migo984
January 22nd, 2016, 02:25 PM
Hi,

Thank you very much, migo. I love purple, so I am not on the search for the perfect purple--just good or fun choices, if you know what I mean.

I know exactly what you mean :-)
You must try Platinum Mixable inks (previously sold as "Mix Free"). Silky Purple is beautiful straight from the bottle, with lots of sheen too. Cyclamen Pink is *very* bright but fun. And you can make some great shades of purple & magenta when mixed with Silky Purple. For example I easily made a dead-ringer for R & K Solferino.

Lady Onogaro
January 22nd, 2016, 06:35 PM
I will try those. I can't afford the whole set, but maybe you can suggest a few to start with.

bluesea
January 23rd, 2016, 08:50 AM
Bungu Box has L'Amant listed at Amazon, and it showed me $35.55 + $22.08 shipping, for $57.63 total.

Plugging in 2 bottles, shipping went up to $25.16, for a total of $48.13 each. Unfortunately only two bottles were available.

Dhruv
January 28th, 2016, 09:22 AM
At $57.63 a bottle from Amazon, you are probably better off in ordering it from Japan through Cool-Japan. He takes $40 including shipping.

Chrissy
January 28th, 2016, 09:59 AM
Bungu Box has L'Amant listed at Amazon, and it showed me $35.55 + $22.08 shipping, for $57.63 total.

Plugging in 2 bottles, shipping went up to $25.16, for a total of $48.13 each. Unfortunately only two bottles were available.

Wow! That's nearly as expensive as the current price of a bottle of Montblanc Leonardo Red Chalk.:jaw:

bluesea
January 29th, 2016, 12:35 PM

Wow! That's nearly as expensive as the current price of a bottle of Montblanc Leonardo Red Chalk.:jaw:

LRC is such a lovely color isn't it? In terms of reasonable prices, I missed the boat on that one unfortunately.