PDA

View Full Version : Used divina- do they exist?

crystn625
January 22nd, 2016, 08:01 AM
Hi all,

I was trying to find a used visconti divina with out any luck. After thinking about it for a while, is their unavailability saying more? You see a number of used homo sapiens come up for sale, but I have yet to see a divina. Do people end up loving them (their Divina's) more than their other visconti pens? As someone who has yet to see one in person I am starting to wonder if they are that much better than in picture, and thus why they are not sold secondhand as frequently. Maybe that is more incentive to get anew one ;-).

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks again in advance!!!

rpsyed
January 22nd, 2016, 11:47 AM
There are a couple on Nibs.com pre-owned Visconti pen page (http://nibs.com/pre-owned-VI-visconti.htm) that have the 14kt nib, which some people say is better than the 23kt palladium nib. I've never written with a Visconti, so I'm not sure about that, but anything from Mottishaw will be a fantastic writer.

Anne
January 22nd, 2016, 01:17 PM
You can also check out penopoly.com. They have one too.

crystn625
January 22nd, 2016, 01:20 PM
This is awesome thanks for the information! I didn't know either of these resources existed :)

Bogon07
January 22nd, 2016, 01:25 PM
Used Divinas sometimes show up. Note they are often available in two sizes Maxi & Midi for some variants. Divine Proportions do appear but they are usually quite expensive.
The Desert Springs is also a Divina body pen.

Chatterley Luxuries has some limited edition Visconti Cosmopolitans which use the Divina body only with a difference selection of acrylic/resins
https://chatterleyluxuries.com/product-category/visconti/

The photographs can't really convey the tactile feeling of the spiral five faceted cap/barrel.

Anne
January 22nd, 2016, 01:28 PM
This is awesome thanks for the information! I didn't know either of these resources existed :)

If you check out penopoly's website, On the first page of the Visconti pens they have a beautifully colored Divina, Page 2: Divina Royale, Divina Black, Page 4: Black Oversize.
Which one appeals to you?
(( I like the colored marble! )

crystn625
January 22nd, 2016, 01:33 PM

If you check out penopoly's website, On the first page of the Visconti pens they have a beautifully colored Divina, Page 2: Divina Royale, Divina Black, Page 4: Black Oversize.

Oh those are beautiful! I would agree with you and lean towards the one on the first page with the marble... but I oh the blue ones on chatterly luxuries look great too!

Anne
January 22nd, 2016, 01:40 PM

Oh those are beautiful! I would agree with you and lean towards the one on the first page with the marble... but I oh the blue ones on chatterly luxuries look great too!

I was going to tell you Happy Shopping, but I see now I don't need to;)
Oh yeah, the Blue is beautiful too. I have to say, though, I really like the LE Millennium Arc too!
Why does Visconti have to make their pens so delicious looking? :D