PDA

View Full Version : My prize stable of 4 Aurora Pens

leomitch
November 22nd, 2012, 01:12 PM
Last week I managed to win an Aurora Optima Auroloide Green pen to write alongside its sister Optima Blue Auroloide.

That makes 4 Auroras and hopefully soon to be five when I obtain the third Auroloide in Burgundy. It is my magnificent obsession.

Happy Thanksgiving to my friends in the USA
Leo

Bogon07
November 22nd, 2012, 07:53 PM
Leomitch,
That is a handsome selection of pens. The Green one is especially attractive. I like that they seem to have different imprints around the cap bands.
Do you have different nibs in them ?

Best wishes with your collecting.

fountainpenkid
November 22nd, 2012, 08:17 PM
Beautiful pens!

KrazyIvan
November 22nd, 2012, 08:18 PM
Very nice collection there.

leomitch
November 23rd, 2012, 06:04 AM
Leomitch,
That is a handsome selection of pens. The Green one is especially attractive. I like that they seem to have different imprints around the cap bands.
Do you have different nibs in them ?

Best wishes with your collecting.

Hi Bogan
I am glad you like them.
The reason the gold ring on the cap is different from the blue Auroloide is that the green pen is older and that design gold ring is discontinued in favour of the design you see on the blue Auroloide. Goodness...what a complex sentence! Clear as mud eh! LOL! Well, you understand what I'm getting at I'm sure! Too early in the morning and no coffee yet! :jaw:

Cheers
Leo

leomitch
November 23rd, 2012, 09:48 PM
Thanks Will and Krazy for dropping by for a look at my lovely pens. Much appreciated your comments and your visit.

Cheers
Leo

Lince
January 2nd, 2013, 09:20 PM
Nice pens Leo!
The Optima is in my most wanted list.

fountainpenkid
January 3rd, 2013, 06:51 PM
Nice pens Leo!
The Optima is in my most wanted list.

Now that I know large pens do work for me, I am quite enamored as well...the cap ring is stunning, as the rest of the design...

leomitch
January 21st, 2013, 09:47 AM
You can't go wrong with one of these pens Will! They write wonderfully and are easy on the eyes too!

Cheers
Leo

fountainpenkid
January 21st, 2013, 11:15 AM
You can't go wrong with one of these pens Will! They write wonderfully and are easy on the eyes too!

Cheers
Leo

If only I had the money...

mdesimone
January 30th, 2013, 08:40 PM
Yea - I'm jealous. Aurora Optima Demo Red is on my wish list. Nice collection Leo, thanks for sharing.

Greg Minuskin
April 13th, 2013, 09:13 PM
I must admit, if I were to buy a pen for myself, which I have never done, I would purchase the Aurora Optima Demo in Red; really great color!

Greg Minuskin
greg@gregminuskin.com
www.gregminuskin.com

snedwos
April 14th, 2013, 02:58 PM
You must have, surely! Never ever ever?!