PDA

View Full Version : Inside The Watermans Ideal 45 Safety Pen

grandmia
November 25th, 2012, 05:23 AM
Hi all...here we have a video showing the inside of a vintage Watermans 45 safety pen followed by a review of the pen assembled....Enjoy....

http://youtu.be/njCD7k3hIQc

fountainpenkid
November 25th, 2012, 07:32 AM
awesome video!! I never fully understood how safties work, but now i do! I always wondered about that off center circle on the end of the turning knob.

grandmia
November 25th, 2012, 03:16 PM
awesome video!! I never fully understood how safties work, but now i do! I always wondered about that off center circle on the end of the turning knob.

Hi...Well now you know ! Im glad it has been useful......

fountainpenkid
November 26th, 2012, 07:15 PM
I've heard somehing like "you can spill all the ink out if you hold it upside down with the nib down" or something like that...are vintage safties inkless for daily use, or will they be prone to more leaks than, say, a vintage Vacumatic?

Best,

grandmia
November 27th, 2012, 01:32 PM
I've heard somehing like "you can spill all the ink out if you hold it upside down with the nib down" or something like that...are vintage safties inkless for daily use, or will they be prone to more leaks than, say, a vintage Vacumatic?

Best,
Hi...I believe they can be a daily use pen with ink as long as they are kept upright, also you do have the cap that acts as a shut off for the ink inside...Allegedly...

fountainpenkid
November 27th, 2012, 02:54 PM
thansk! if anyone here has used one to carry around, I'd love to hear your experience :)

grandmia
November 29th, 2012, 04:36 PM
thansk! if anyone here has used one to carry around, I'd love to hear your experience :)
Yes that would be interesting....