PDA

View Full Version : Drunken Opposite-Handed Alphabet?

manoeuver
November 26th, 2012, 03:06 PM
no great shakes but I thought it looked kinda charming. Airmail 44 Flex from FPR, Waterman Habana Brown on Rhodia R-series.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m262/timhofmann/IMG_20121126_170140.jpg

yeah, tried it again today sober and it looked positively dreadful. sheesh.

Bogon07
November 26th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Interesting experiment. Is the nib rail-roading or is that just two lines ?

Will different drinks result in a different writing style......

manoeuver
November 26th, 2012, 04:26 PM
that's railroading. if I drink absinthe the letters will probably come out multi-colored. heh.

fountainpenkid
November 26th, 2012, 07:11 PM
interesting...i certainly wouldn't drink, but a flex nib left handed....hmmm.

Bogon07
November 26th, 2012, 09:40 PM
interesting...i certainly wouldn't drink, but a flex nib left handed....hmmm.

That's what my Noodler's Creaper has to put up with every time if pick it up and use it. :lazy2:

KrazyIvan
November 27th, 2012, 01:31 PM
That's what my Noodler's Creaper has to put up with every time if pick it up and use it. :lazy2:

Okay, then right-handed for Bogon it is. :D

dannzeman
November 27th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Yes, this is all well and good, but you left out the most important information: What were you drinking and how much did you have?

manoeuver
November 28th, 2012, 05:45 AM
the example up there is drunk right-handed flex from a lefty.

Dan, I was having Ranger IPA from New Belgium. Delish. Next day I went back and saw six were missing from the 12 pack. yikes!

Bogon07
November 28th, 2012, 08:52 PM
I suggest you take a more scientific approach for your next session:
Firstly you'll need a printed form - that always adds validity.
You need to note what you are drinking and how many you've had and keep track of them.

And while you're at it, test the ink against accidental spills. I've never understood why ink reviews don't include tea, coffee, beer, wine, whiskey which you're more likely to spill across your writing than water or bleach or acetone (unless may if you are doing your hair or nails).

Barbara
April 9th, 2013, 07:33 PM
I suggest you take a more scientific approach for your next session:
Firstly you'll need a printed form - that always adds validity.
You need to note what you are drinking and how many you've had and keep track of them.

And while you're at it, test the ink against accidental spills. I've never understood why ink reviews don't include tea, coffee, beer, wine, whiskey which you're more likely to spill across your writing than water or bleach or acetone (unless may if you are doing your hair or nails).

Most excellent proposal.

jbb
May 14th, 2013, 07:20 AM
that's railroading. if I drink absinthe the letters will probably come out multi-colored. heh.

It is a fairly substantiated fact that Absinthe makes your letters Chartreuse. Coincidentally, my one and only taste of Absinthe was procured by trading dip pen writing for some at a Steampunk convention.

Bogon07
May 14th, 2013, 10:18 PM

It is a fairly substantiated fact that Absinthe makes your letters Chartreuse. Coincidentally, my one and only taste of Absinthe was procured by trading dip pen writing for some at a Steampunk convention.

Did you like the pen and the Absinthe ?

Might give writing while drinking Green Chartreuse ago. Making sure I'm not using an expensive pen as Green Chartreuse is about 60%.

jbb
May 15th, 2013, 06:44 AM

Did you like the pen and the Absinthe ?

Might give writing while drinking Green Chartreuse ago. Making sure I'm not using an expensive pen as Green Chartreuse is about 60%.

I didn't care for the Absinthe at all. I've never tried Chartreuse.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8506/8583436217_9e637f5994_o.jpg