PDA

View Full Version : Nice to meet you. Greetings from the Netherlands.

hharry
November 29th, 2012, 03:37 AM
Hi!

I'm Daniël, from the Netherlands.
Bit of a Watch enthusiast and a rather new fountainpen user.

Being lefthanded I never thought that fountainpens were for me but with the help of quick drying ink I am able to leave most ink on the paper.

Writing is, for me, an very intuitive activity. My dream us to one day publish a book.

My "collection" consist of
A Lamy 2k
A Lamy safari M
A Lamy studio F (one of my faves)
À Lamy Nexx with a 1,5 nib, mostly for drawing and filled with Noodles Borealis black.
A Jin A8 M
A Mont Blanc 3x
A Parker IM with a Conway Stewart schoolpen nib, a silly project.
A Serwex M.I.A.

I am replacing the OM nib on the 2K for a F nib. Couldn't find the sweet spot of that nib.
My favourite inks are Mont Blanc Midnight Blues and Royal Blue.

My little goal is to own a custom pen OR a nice Japanese Platinum or Sailor. Love an understated pen with a bit of heft and a bit of flex.

Thanks for having me here and good bye

KrazyIvan
November 29th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Hello Daniël, welcome to the dark side. :)

I am curious on your take, as a lefty, on the Lamy Safari and what kind of lefty? Over writer? Under writer?

hharry
November 29th, 2012, 11:47 AM
If I'm not mistaken I'm a underwriter. I like the safari a lot although not posted. The nib is wet and smooth. Like the fact that I can swap nibs on my Lamys. One of the flaws however is the convertor. When I'm filling the pen I have to take the converter out, fill it and out it back in the feed. It just can't drink with his nib. I use my Studio the most and will be ordering some new nibs one of these days. Want to try out the EF and the 1.9 and the 1.1.

Bogon07
November 29th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Hharry, hi and welcome to the FPG forum fellow left-hander.
You have a nice selection of Lamy's so feel free to add to the Lamy sub-forum.

I haven't had any problems refilling with the converters still connected to the pens so far.

I've found I quite like the Lamy LH nibs.

fountainpenkid
November 29th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Welcome!

auto winder
December 2nd, 2012, 02:09 AM
Welcome :welcome:

manoeuver
December 2nd, 2012, 05:07 PM
guess I oughtta try the Lamy left handed nib too.

Welcome!