PDA

View Full Version : SOLD Aurora 88 -1950 - Flex nib

ootudor
February 3rd, 2016, 07:48 AM
NICE AURORA 88 FROM THE 50'S.

This is a 100% authentic AURORA 88 from the end of 40's.
It is a nice pen, it has some signs on the body, a couple of scratches are visible to the eye, but consistent with the age. The beautiful flex nib was bent, and it was straightened , leaving a visible sign on the nib, but it still writes beautifully and can go from EF(F) to M( B) (see photo). The iridium on the nib is intact, and the nib is not scratchy, as most Aurorar's are.The cap also shows how this happened, as someone pushed the pen too far into the cap. The rolled gold is a little dull now, as years went passed it. There is a circular sign on the cap, showing that. The piston has been fully restored, and the pen is now fully working. It would be a nice restoration project for a passionate collector as I'm pretty sure the sign from the nib can be removed, and also the scratches on the body can be polished out. Lastly there are absolutely no cracks in the pen or cap or any other dings except what I have described.

I'm asking 60 Euros for the pen, shipping included. Paypal only, so the buyer gets the buyer's protection.231262312723128231292313023131