PDA

View Full Version : Titanium nibs

MrClockWork
November 29th, 2012, 02:48 PM
I recently discovered that some nibs are made of Titanium :bump2: I was wondering if I could use the collective knowledge of the forum as a search engine for the pen models that use Ti for their nibs. Also, what is your experience with these models/nibs? I know that Ti nibs are known for a little more spring/semi-flex but they are also known to be a little more responsive. Thoughts?

fountainpenkid
November 29th, 2012, 03:00 PM
I think they seem awesome. I'll admit I've never tried one, but people really seem to like them for the flexibility as you said. But as I remember, it is a different kind of flex. Someone on here has two stipulas, same model, but one with a Ti nib and another with a 18k nib. Maybe he'll come in on this!

Best,

KrazyIvan
November 29th, 2012, 03:45 PM
I hear they are much easier to spring if you are not careful.

MrClockWork
November 29th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Someone on here has two stipulas, same model, but one with a Ti nib and another with a 18k nib.
The only model I am aware of right now is the Stipula Model T. Hopefully there are more out there. I have heard that Omas makes a Ti nib too.

I have heard that as well. Apparently you get a little warning feedback with a steel nib that is not present when flexing a Ti nib. Interesting...

earthdawn
November 29th, 2012, 07:28 PM

Thats the thing make has made be weary of getting one. I know there are some pretty sweet pens that have them too. Bryant has a few Stipula and Deltas with them but they are far from cheap !

When I finaly get myself to a pen show finding a Ti nib pen to test out is high on my list of things to do.

The Follows
November 30th, 2012, 08:37 PM
I have a Stipula DaVinci Carbon T Yellow with a Ti nib. A very smooth writer with (I agree) a touch of springiness. It will flex, but doesn't feel like vintage/modern flex nibs that I've tried. 1510

IWantThat
December 11th, 2012, 10:13 PM
I have a Delta Titanio with Ti nib and a Stipula Modello T. I love them both, though I would classify the Stipula as a bit less springy than the Delta. I do enjoy the expressive lines of the titanium nibs, and since I don't really flex them (I have vintage flex for that), I've had no trouble with springing the nibs. The Titanio is great for signing letters and offers shading with any ink that has even a hint of shading. I do have the LE Titan Grey, which I don't think is available any more. I've heard less positive things about the 'regular' Titanio, though I believe the nib is the same. The finishes on the LE are of very high quality, more so than with the basic model. I use my Modello T as an eyedropper (it's the Desert Sands model), and that's my favorite thing about it, though it too offers wonderful shading. I don't think I've seen others mention shading as one of the best things about Ti nibs, but to me, that's part of their charm.