PDA

View Full Version : 1949 Green Sheaffer Touchdown Tuckaway Sentinel Deluxe Hybrid Set

controlsfreak
February 3rd, 2016, 10:41 PM
This set started as a 1949 Touchdown Tuckaway Sentinel Deluxe. The pen's nib and section have been replaced (not by me) with those from a standard Tuckaway model. That is, with an open nib and matching section.

While non-standard, this is one of the nicest writing nibs and the ink view section is as green and transparent as any I've seen. The caps of Sentinels are routinely dented, especially the ends and the cap lips are not always round. These caps are flawless. The pencil works perfectly, has at least one stick of lead and and good eraser.

Because it is such a nice set, it has been in my personal collection for over a year. The pen was entirely restored just over one year ago with a new sac and Touchdown gasket. The nib is adjusted so that it writes perfectly; wet and smooth. See the writing sample on Rhodia dot paper with 5 mm dot spacing. I've buffed and polished both pen and pencil to a smooth, glossy, fingerprint magnet finish.

Dimensions - pen

Length

Capped: 4 5/8” (118 mm)
Uncapped: 4" (102 mm)
Posted: 5.4” (136 mm)
Diameter

Barrel: 0.45" (11.5 mm)
Cap: 0.47” (12 mm)

$75 shipped world-wide. USPS Priority in US or First Class outside US - I'll ship international USPS Priority for an additional $15. PayPal only

Send me an email: StacyHills@gmail.com

Follow me Instagram (PaperWantsAPen (https://www.instagram.com/paperwantsapen/)) to see my pens during the restoration process. I list them for sale there first.