PDA

View Full Version : Estie family in their new house

penwash
February 5th, 2016, 10:25 AM
My collection of Esties in a home-made pen case, the "White House" :)

https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1626/24809721706_205af07f55_c.jpg

*One is missing, a red SJ, I'm replacing its ink sac.

Pelikan-Vera
February 5th, 2016, 10:33 AM
nice casa blanca. no cigar smokers here, but a lovely box. Vera

penwash
February 5th, 2016, 11:22 AM
Absolutely non smoker here as well.
But these cigar boxes are perfect candidates for pen cases because they have the right depth, right dimension, and some of them features very nice ornaments and finishes.

To me it's a win-win situation, the cigar smokers care only for the cigars and not the boxes, and I care only for the boxes (at least the nice ones) :)

pajaro
February 5th, 2016, 08:04 PM
But these cigar boxes are perfect candidates for pen cases because they have the right depth, right dimension, and some of them features very nice ornaments and finishes.

To me it's a win-win situation, the cigar smokers care only for the cigars and not the boxes, and I care only for the boxes (at least the nice ones) :)

As a sometimes cigar smoker, I can tell you that smokers use the boxes too. I have used the old Joya de Nicaragua boxes for watercolor tubes, pastel pencil boxes and to hold spare stamps of value from my collection. Some Mexican Te Amo boxes served well to store masses of pens. So, it's not just pen junkies who appreciate the boxes.

penwash
February 6th, 2016, 06:56 AM

As a sometimes cigar smoker, I can tell you that smokers use the boxes too. I have used the old Joya de Nicaragua boxes for watercolor tubes, pastel pencil boxes and to hold spare stamps of value from my collection. Some Mexican Te Amo boxes served well to store masses of pens. So, it's not just pen junkies who appreciate the boxes.

My apology.
I should have pre-qualified my above statement to *some* cigar smoker who only care about the cigars.

You obviously don't belong to the group of smokers that I had in mind. I knew a couple of cigar smokers and they couldn't care less what happened to the boxes.

pajaro
February 8th, 2016, 01:51 PM
Well, it's a nice display. You can buy the dividers and you can get wooden cigar boxes from cigar stores. They typically used to sell the boxes for a couple of bucks after the cigars were sold. You could find some other nice boxes and have a theme display for a pen collection.

AAAndrew
May 5th, 2016, 08:00 AM
What a lovely family portrait!

What does the engraving on the red pencil say?

penwash
May 5th, 2016, 10:10 AM
Thank you.
I forgot what the engraving says, It was someone's name, not a company name.

Frank
May 5th, 2016, 05:37 PM
A very nice collection Penwash!

:)

Sailor Kenshin
May 5th, 2016, 05:43 PM

My apology.
I should have pre-qualified my above statement to *some* cigar smoker who only care about the cigars.

You obviously don't belong to the group of smokers that I had in mind. I knew a couple of cigar smokers and they couldn't care less what happened to the boxes.

I snagged 'em...at a yard sale, priced from 50 cents to a dollar.

penwash
May 5th, 2016, 08:19 PM
A very nice collection Penwash!

:)

Thank you, Frank!
My Estie collection is stable now, just got a dark grey Dollar version a couple of weeks ago. I really like the cool all metal top and the engraving "Esterbrook" on that pen.

penwash
May 5th, 2016, 08:20 PM

My apology.

I snagged 'em...at a yard sale, priced from 50 cents to a dollar.

Picture or it didn't happen ;)