PDA

View Full Version : SOLD Golden Brown Striated Sheaffer Triumph Valiant Vacuum-fill

controlsfreak
February 7th, 2016, 09:13 AM
Golden Brown Striated Sheaffer Triumph Valiant Vacuum-fill

This is a newly restored and lovely Sheaffer Valiant from the middle to late 1940s. the Valiant was a top-line pen for Sheaffer and this one is no disappointment. It is the largest Triumph pen - see the dimensions below.

I've replaced the packing unit and gasket with modern synthetic materials that should last decades. I've buffed and polished the celluloid to a smooth, glossy finish. The plating is all intact; there is no brassing or plating loss. The ink-view section is darkly ambered but not opaque. I'd characterize the nib as a fine but please see the writing sample in the photo. The nib is round, wet and smooth with a slight hint of feedback on rapid cross-strokes.

Dimensions - pen

Length

Capped: 5.2” (132 mm)
Uncapped: 4.4" (112 mm)
Posted: 5.9” (149 mm)
Diameter

Barrel: 0.48" (12.2 mm)
Cap: 0.51” (13 mm)

$75 shipped world-wide. USPS Priority in US or First Class outside US - I'll ship international USPS Priority for an additional $15. PayPal only

Send me an email: StacyHills@gmail.com

Follow me Instagram (PaperWantsAPen (https://www.instagram.com/paperwantsapen/)) to see my pens during the restoration process. I list them for sale there first.