PDA

View Full Version : Salutations from Massachusetts!

Pharmasweaves
February 8th, 2016, 08:31 AM
So um... Hi.

Sam here, from Massachusetts. Been coming to his forum a few times to read random posts having to do with issues or questions I had about my pens, finally gave in and registered to post (mostly to contribute to the InCoWriMo thread).

I didn't see a template or general guide to what needs to be in an intro, so I'm just going to ramble I guess. (Never was very good at talking, just ask my coworkers)

Relatively new to the fountain pen world, got interested because of an ArtofManliness article about Thank You letters/cards, which led to an article on fountain pens, which led to a video on Goulet Pens, which led to a Pilot Metro M. MassDrop had a drop of two-packs of Metros, and since I liked mine, I got two more M and two F Metros. Fell deeper into the hole when I learned about TWSBI, went back and forth and finally got a Vac700 M, followed by two Jinhao X750s, since they were on sale. My newest pen is an Al-Star Ocean Blue M.
Falling deeper and quicker.

As far as inks, whenever I buy anything off Goulet, I throw in a random ink sample pack, so I still haven't bought any actual bottles of ink, other than the bottle of Parker Quink I got for my Metro.

For what I write, I've returned to college to study to be a pharmacist (hence the username), so there's a loooot of writing for those lab sciences. I also use fountain pens at work when writing down called in prescriptions, writing notes or changes on written prescriptions, or writing down notes on the bags for patients.
For fun writing, I have a (semi-)daily journal, as well as writing letters to family, and recently, famous people for InCoWriMo.

jar
February 8th, 2016, 08:33 AM
Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell.

Wahl
February 8th, 2016, 12:13 PM
:welcome:

Hawk
February 8th, 2016, 12:15 PM
Welcome.

Anne
February 8th, 2016, 12:21 PM
Hello and Welcome Sam! This is a wonderful forum - I hope you have fun :)

Morgaine
February 8th, 2016, 03:38 PM
Hello and welcome

Jeph
February 8th, 2016, 04:52 PM

writingrav
February 8th, 2016, 06:08 PM
Welcome to the madness. Indulge!

Frank
February 9th, 2016, 10:06 AM

Waltman
February 9th, 2016, 10:11 AM
Hi Pharmasweaves,

Welcome, lots of nice and knowledgeable people here.

I work in the pharma industry and I'm one of those people who review and proofread the PIs. Good luck in your studies!

Walt

Bisquitlips
February 9th, 2016, 05:05 PM
Salutations to you also!

Welcome!!!

ShannPens
February 9th, 2016, 05:09 PM
Hello there and welcome! Funny, while I was falling down my rabbit hole and read that article (I am a woman). It was good stuff.

Chemyst
February 9th, 2016, 07:05 PM
Greetings fellow Bay Stater!