PDA

View Full Version : Ouch, my tail is broken

fqgouvea
February 8th, 2016, 02:01 PM
The other day I was preparing to go to bed and started to remove pens from my pocket. Without noticing, I pulled two at once and my Onoto "The Pen" ended up dropping to the floor and breaking its tail.

I really like this one: it's long and slim, which fits my pocket and hand, and it writes well with just a touch of flex, so I'd like to fix it.

I posted something in the WTB forum to see if someone can sell me a blind cap. Are there other alternatives? I gathered as many pieces as I could, but putting them together again seems like a difficult job. Any suggestions would be welcome!

Chrissy
February 8th, 2016, 02:11 PM
I bet someone could glue it together if you can't get a replacement blind cap.

tandaina
February 8th, 2016, 06:51 PM
Its possible a replacement blind cap could be turned by one of our excellent custom pen makers, if it comes to that. Probably a more expensive solution than trying to glue the old one back together or buy one off a trashed body.

Farmboy
February 8th, 2016, 08:14 PM
Glue = NO
Solvent weld = YES

ac12
February 10th, 2016, 02:50 PM
Is the back of the pen damaged? The threaded part around the button seems to be tilted to the side.

fqgouvea
February 14th, 2016, 11:01 AM
Glue = NO
Solvent weld = YES

I probably don't have steady enough hands!

What kind of solvent?

Fernando Gouvêa -- fqgouvea@roadrunner.com

fqgouvea
February 14th, 2016, 11:02 AM
Is the back of the pen damaged? The threaded part around the button seems to be tilted to the side.

No, it's fine. Just an artifact of how I took the photo, I think.

fqgouvea
February 14th, 2016, 11:03 AM
Does anyone know a pen repair person who specializes in Onoto pens? Someone like that may be my best chance.

carlc
February 14th, 2016, 02:59 PM
Try Cob here on FP Geeks, he may have a spare blind cap.

Otherwise I'd try Eric Wilson (eckiethump on FPN) if he can't do it he'll recommend someone.

Farmboy
February 15th, 2016, 09:35 PM
Glue = NO
Solvent weld = YES

I probably don't have steady enough hands!

What kind of solvent?

Really depends on what the pen is made from. I'd need to see the pen to even guess.

Cob
February 17th, 2016, 12:36 PM
PM sent

C.