PDA

View Full Version : Pens purchased in 2012

JustDaveyB
December 1st, 2012, 01:18 AM
Well I have stopped buying pens, nibs or inks for the year so it is time to recap.

My score:

Pens: 30
Nibs: 33
Inks: 63

A breakdown of types and some stats can be found on my blog here (http://justdaveyb.com/2012/11/30/my-2012-recap/)

But here is all 30 in purchase order - it has been a bumper year !!!!

http://justdaveyb.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/2012_pens_20121201.jpg

How did others fair?

fountainpenkid
December 1st, 2012, 08:44 AM
For me, a Pelikan 400 in green stripe,(sold :(); a Aurora 88 vintage, a Parker vacumatic vintage, a Pelikan m400 white torty, a twsbi mini, and an OMAS Paragon. There will be more to come though. I hope to get a vintage 400 again soon.

EDIT: Davey, that is one hell of a haul! Awesome pens!!!

Bogon07
December 3rd, 2012, 06:42 PM
JustDaveyB, a veritable avalanche of pens, nibs and ink. And congrats on completing the City/places series.

Nice batch too FountainPenKid.

My only Pelikans were Edelstein inks Adventurine and Tanzanite. :(
Plenty of Lamy pens including Studios and tubular Lamys Logo, CP1, Linear and Accent.
A fair few Noodler's inks and many more notepads than I can store easily.

fountainpenkid
December 3rd, 2012, 07:24 PM
Nice! I meant to get a Lamy 2k but got my Paragon instead...

Tracy Lee
December 3rd, 2012, 07:45 PM
Wondering if I can remember? All Visconti - an Opera in honey gold and the Carnival colored one, an amber kaliedo voyager, a Mazzi Dragon, a Van Gogh (previous style, not the new style) in Ocean Blue, Homo Sapiens stainless steel, blue ripple from the first collection - I think that is all so far. Oh, one mystery pen advertised as a Visconti, but on receipt I am pretty sure it is a Pelikan? Still, kind of a pretty pen. Just one ink - too picky about color. No nibs. You guys have some awesome acquisitions above. Seriously, ooooo la la. :):thumbup:

fountainpenkid
December 4th, 2012, 05:14 AM
Mystery Visconti???? I must hear more!

dannzeman
December 4th, 2012, 01:25 PM
You don't happen to like Pelikans, do you?

fountainpenkid
December 4th, 2012, 01:52 PM
You don't happen to like Pelikans, do you?

I assume you mean Tracy. I love Pelikans!

JustDaveyB
December 4th, 2012, 08:17 PM
Me they are OK to collect until I can afford high-end Stipulas, Omas and Montblancs :)

Tracy Lee
December 6th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Okay, here is that mystery pen I mentioned. Advertised and sold as Visconti but I am not at all convinced that is right. Liked the pen and not expensive so I purchased knowing it was a bit of a mystery. Any thoughts from anyone? I welcome comments of any sort. It sure doesn't look like any other Vatican Museum pen Visconti has made.

fountainpenkid
December 6th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Doesn't look like a visconti to me...the nib looks totally wrong-even for an LE--and if you said you got it for a good price, it must not be a visconti ;) ;)

Tracy Lee
December 6th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Yes, I think that is clear. Now, exactly what is it???? ;)

peterpen53
December 6th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Yes, I think that is clear. Now, exactly what is it???? ;)

Tracy, it's definitely not a Visconti, these were either silver or vermeil and had a very different shape.

Would you care to follow this link http://www.campomarziodesign.it/files/pdf/CampoMarzioOpenFactSheet.pdf and then scroll to the bottom of the next to last page? There is a set of pens identified as Vatican Museum fountain pens that look suspiciously like yours, but if I enlarge the screen shot they get to hazy for me to identify. And you have the pen and I assume the box.

Cheers,
Peter

Tracy Lee
December 6th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Peter, you are pure genius. I have Googled around but Vatican pen searches seemed to pull up only the Visconti that you describe and that I am pretty familiar with. The pics at the bottom of the link - mine is second in from the right. I knew before the auction closed it was really not what they were advertising, but it didn't go for too much, has the seal and box in good shape. It was my first eBay experience and my husband was providing tips and such and I did not want to dabble with anything much above $100 for that, ruling out Visconti for the most part. The pen appealed to me anyway. Now to go see what else I can find on this unique member of my family. Thank you for solving my riddle of what exactly it is!! :):beer:

peterpen53
December 7th, 2012, 12:32 AM
You're very welcome! But I'm sure my friends would be :rofl: about the genius bit.

Tracy Lee
December 7th, 2012, 04:54 AM
We can keep the pen genius business just amongst ourselves. ;)