PDA

View Full Version : Salutations!

PearlQuartz17
February 9th, 2016, 05:26 PM
Hello! I'm PearlQuartz17, and I'm very pleased to make your collective acquaintance. I've been interested in using fountain pens for calligraphy since about the sixth grade, but I never considered using one daily until a few weeks ago. I did some research, and in the past few days I have acquired a brand-new Pilot Metropolitan.

If you're wondering as to where I got my username, I got it from Steven Universe, a wonderful little show on Cartoon Network which I encourage all of you to try out. The animation is fabulous, the stories are emotionally gripping, and the music is a sheer joy.

Anyway, here's to a prosperous time on Fountain Pen Geeks!

Sincerely Yours,
PearlQuartz17

jar
February 9th, 2016, 05:40 PM
Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell.

Anne
February 9th, 2016, 05:56 PM
Welcome and Congratulations on the Metropolitan! Which nib did you pick for it?
What kind of calligraphy pens have you used?
I am not a calligrapher, but I do love calligraphy/italic/stub nibs :) I hope you have a lot of fun here, this is a great forum!

Hawk
February 9th, 2016, 06:24 PM
Welcome.

writingrav
February 9th, 2016, 07:30 PM
Welcome to the madness. Indulge!

PearlQuartz17
February 10th, 2016, 01:46 PM
I chose the Medium nib (I got it off Amazon), and I've used Manuscript and Sheaffer pens for calligraphy. What's your pen of choice?

Anne
February 10th, 2016, 02:28 PM
I chose the Medium nib (I got it off Amazon), and I've used Manuscript and Sheaffer pens for calligraphy. What's your pen of choice?

I am very interested in the comparison of the Manuscript and Sheaffer and ask everyone who has them: What is your personal experience in comparing them?

I have the Sheaffer set and I really do like them. I like the Italic Medium in the set and use it most. My favorite italic, So Far, is my TWSBI 1.1 mm ( I have it installed in the Mini ).
I just got hooked on Esterbrook pens ( J series ) and I am branching off very quickly in their direction :D

Morgaine
February 10th, 2016, 05:15 PM
Hello and welcome!

Wahl
February 11th, 2016, 11:11 AM
:welcome:

Jeph
February 11th, 2016, 03:53 PM
:welcome:

Bisquitlips
February 11th, 2016, 09:03 PM
Welcome from Missouri!