PDA

View Full Version : Visconti pens

Terie_Benjamin
February 10th, 2016, 11:23 AM
Hello all,

I've been really admiring Visconti pens. I'm looking to stay under $200. Any recommendations? I like a thicker grip on my pens. Who has the best prices?

Lady Onogaro
February 10th, 2016, 11:59 AM
Just remember that most of Visconti's pens have metal grips. That makes a big difference to me (it might not to you, but I have largely sworn off of them). I find them slick and uncomfortable. That being said, they are very handsome ink holders. I have a Rembrandt with a plastic section (I think it was part of the calligraphy set at one time). The nib was nice, but mine was steel and reground to a fine from a medium.

Terie_Benjamin
February 10th, 2016, 12:56 PM
Great point I was blinded by it's beauty I didn't notice. I wouldn't like a metal grip. Too slippery.

Bogon07
February 10th, 2016, 04:02 PM
As Lady Onogaro said most of the Visconti in this price range will have metal sections unless you hunt down a good deal on eBay.

However the Visconti Classic which came out last year has a plastic/resin section. It is not a big grip pen.
The steel nib is different from those you find on the Rembrandt/Van Gogh - to my mind slightly more toothy but still nice.
This pen is a similar size and design/style to the older Vintage/D'Essai some of which are piston and some cartridge with steel or gold nibs.

Here is SBRE Brown's video review of the Classic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTdtzbqN0bA

Bisquitlips
February 10th, 2016, 04:51 PM
I have owned a couple Visconti's but the clips put me off.

Other than that they are really a superb writing instrument.