PDA

View Full Version : LA Pen Show on Sunday? Quick Question

Marsilius
February 13th, 2016, 02:04 PM
I usually go to the LA Pen Show on Saturday, but couldn't go yesterday. Does it still make sense to go on Sunday morning, or is it just a zoo exhibit?
Thanks!
Mars

Jon Szanto
February 13th, 2016, 07:50 PM
I"ve been here since Thursday and will be leaving sometime in the morning. I believe most of the vendors are prepared for hordes of people, and certainly *some* of the vintage guys won't be there, and a few people who just sell new stuff will be moving in. That said, the entry price is low and when is the next pen show you'll get to? Unless it's a real burdon, a "Sunday" show is better than none at all, by a long shot! If you like inks, Vanness Pens is here with a bunch of Bung Box, KWZ, Califolio, Akkerman, etc. I'd say there are still good reasons to turn up, maybe try to be early in line and make it to favored dealers first. Good luck!

Marsilius
February 13th, 2016, 11:14 PM
Ok Jon. But you will have also left! I will take a crack at it, Marathon allowing.

earthdawn
February 13th, 2016, 11:23 PM
GO .... go.... go ... Jon is 100% right.

Get to the show and see all there is. Busy it will be but on an epic level. It is something you will regret Monday morning if you don't.

When your done at the show the lobby will be full of pen people chatting and showing and sharing their pens, paper and ink.

Make your list and set your alarm.... and post some pics :)

Marsilius
February 14th, 2016, 12:17 AM
Ok ok ok! I'll give it a go.