PDA

View Full Version : Jinhao goulet nib snafu

SeminarianMike
February 17th, 2016, 08:42 PM
So I have a jinhao x450 I put a goulet nib on like I have done 5/6 times to other jinhaos. This time I fit the nib on the feed just like always pushed it back in correctly. Made sure it was in proper and all lined up. Inked the pen. Threw it in my case and today when I got to school the full converter of ink was in the cap. When I got back today I cleaned the pen feed ect re align everything tried it again. Same thing happened. This time a bit more controlled with just a little ink. It leaks right out. Is the feed maybe just not suited for an aftermarket nib? I mean it looks just like every other nib I ever fitted to a jinhao, lucky I needed the nib for a montreverde and I guess I'll try another nib in the future... Any ideas guys would help

distracted_mom
February 17th, 2016, 10:17 PM
I'm responding to be supportive. That sucks!
{I'm terrified of messing with my pens. baby steps}

ppmiranda
February 18th, 2016, 07:37 PM
I had a problem with a converter on a Jinhao x450 and it caused as air leak. Long story short: my regular Schmidt converter cracked at the ring that connects it to the pen. I first plugged it and it worked just fine, but one day I disassembled the entire pen for cleaning and when I reconnected it to the pen it cracked and the ink didn't stayed inside the converter. Initially I thought I had assembled the nib and feed improperly, but in the end I just had to replace the converter for the one that came with the pen.

Lady Onogaro
February 18th, 2016, 09:25 PM
Could it be the ink you were using? I tried Sailor Jentle Grenade in my Jinhao, and I swear that pen leaked it like a sieve. I could never use that pen without getting inky fingers from the section/feed. Put anything else in the pen, and it was fine. It still baffles me. (Right now I have the Grenade in a Rosetta Magellan, and it's working just fine.).

KBeezie
February 20th, 2016, 03:35 PM
Most likely problem is the converter, either replacing it or re-greasing the converter may fix it.

The other possibility which hopefully it is not, is the plastic shell that holds the nib/feed may be cracked.