PDA

View Full Version : I Finally Joined

DZan
December 5th, 2012, 03:53 AM
Hi,

I've been "spectating" for a couple of months now, and I figured that even though I might not have much to contribute, yet, I can take advantage of the large pool of experience from folks who have been doing this for a long time. I have been fiddling with fountain pens off and on for over 10 years now, but, for no good reason, my experience has been exclusively through Levenger. In the last 6 months, I cheated on the nice people there and started looking at other sites. Now that the scales have fallen from my eyes, I've found that there's a large community of people who share this obsession. My collection is fairly small at this point but, I fear it will be growing.

I just recently discovered Goulet Pens. I hadn't even thought about the ink I put in my pens. A bottle of Levenger Cobalt Blue was pretty much it. Now, with Goulet in my life, I'm gobsmacked by the huge variety of inks. Different inks work differently in different pens-an epiphany. Also, it had never even crossed my mind that I could actually tweak a pen to make it work better for me.

To quote Rick Blaine, " I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship."

Dan

By the way, my user name was given to me by a guy in jail. I figure that everyone should have their own hip hop name.

auto winder
December 5th, 2012, 06:00 AM
Welcome :welcome:

fountainpenkid
December 5th, 2012, 08:20 AM
Welcome!

KrazyIvan
December 5th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Welcome to the dark side.

writingrav
December 5th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Welcome!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Bogon07
December 5th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Hi DZan and welcome to the FPG forum.
The ink variety is what lured me into fountain pens.
Different combinations of pen, ink and paper all add to the fun and frustration of fountainpens. And the forum & podcast are great places to pick up new ideas and tips.

Tracy Lee
December 5th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Love that tag story. :-) Welcome, welcome. It's a blast, and you'll find so many ways to spend more money it's not funny. Wait, maybe it is. :-)

grandmia
December 6th, 2012, 03:21 AM
Hi DZan....Welcome, pull up a chair and have a look around.....

earthdawn
December 6th, 2012, 11:07 PM
Welcome... great to have you with us !!!!

fpquest
December 9th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Hi DZan. I discovered Goulet Pens earlier this year and ink has turned into an obsession all its own.