PDA

View Full Version : Dry Edison

Scrawler
February 18th, 2016, 04:58 AM
I have started to use an Edison pen a couple days ago. It is probably a unique design and has a huge 18K nib that is so large that I cannot fill the pen from a half full ink bottle. I have filled the pen with De Atramentis Magenta Violet. When I write slowly and carefully it lays ink down nicely, but when I write at normal speed it is dry and skips on down strokes. This is my first time both with such a pen and this particular ink. Does anyone know if this ink is a "dryer" ink and if Edison pens benefit from wetter inks.

penwash
February 18th, 2016, 09:01 AM
An expensive pen like Edison should write well at any speed using any inks.
I'm pretty sure Edison would agree with this. So if I were you, they would be the first people I'd email or call and ask.

earthdawn
February 18th, 2016, 09:15 AM
I agree with Penwash. It should write no matter what ink is in it. While some may write a little drier they should all work. Brian would agree as well.

If you can, even on your phone, make a quick video showing what is happening and email it to Brian. I did that once before and he can tell a lot from even a poor quality video.

Like if by chance the feed is not pushed all the way in lol ... I know someone that had that happen :confused:

Scrawler
February 19th, 2016, 05:25 PM
I did not want to cast aspersions on the pen, as this is the first time I have used Magenta Violet. I have flushed it and filled it with Iroshisuku tsutsuji and it is now working as I expected. I am surprised that the DA ink does not like that pen and I will just look for another magenta violet to use. As I know Iroshisuku ink works I will try Yama Budo in its place.