PDA

View Full Version : why the radio-silence on Eric?

pelahale
December 5th, 2012, 12:46 PM
why is it that information about why Eric quit FPgeeks is verboten? The lack of transparency is disappointing. Does anybody know the real scoop? I assume there must have been a fight between the producers & Eric or something like that?

Is anyone allowed to speak about it? Dan? Stephen? Mr.Simpole?

fountainpenkid
December 5th, 2012, 02:29 PM
I don't think he quit. He was apparently on vacation, and Dan said recently he hasn't heard from him...I'm quite confused myself, but I don't think he quit. At least I hope not :(

KrazyIvan
December 5th, 2012, 02:31 PM
I think Eric takes these sabbaticals on a regular basis. I remember some of the early broadcasts where Eric mentioned his long trips to Mexico.

Bogon07
December 5th, 2012, 02:36 PM
I imagine Eric wandering around the Mexcian desert in an Hawaiian shirt like Johnny Depp in Fear & Loathing in Los Vegas.

pelahale
December 5th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Very suspicious. I don't buy these excuses and I have some alternative theories:

1.Eric is an eccentric millionaire & cannot be contained
2.Eric has an illicit child lover hidden away in Cunduacán
3.he is a correspondent for the Voice of America in the drug war in Juarez
4.he is heavily involved in the Fast & Furious gun-running cover-up
5.In his old age, Eric has taken to modelling himself after the 80-yr-old pimp Esteban Vihaio (Kill Bill2)
6.Eric is holed up in Tuxtla Gutiérrez updating newly discovered stanzas to the Spanish corrido "La Cucaracha"
7.Eric is seeking a bargain on his Grail: the Montblanc 1992 Hemingway fountain pen
8.he's completing his 31-estados burrito tour

fountainpenkid
December 5th, 2012, 05:51 PM
Very suspicious. I don't buy these excuses and I have some alternative theories:

5.In his old age, Eric has taken to modelling himself after the 80-yr-old pimp Esteban Vihaio (Kill Bill2)
6.Eric is holed up in Tuxtla Gutiérrez updating newly discovered stanzas to the Spanish corrido "La Cucaracha"
7.Eric is seeking a bargain on his Grail: the Montblanc 1992 Hemingway fountain pen

lol! good thing you didn't post some of that on FPN...

snedwos
December 5th, 2012, 06:02 PM
When Eric does come back, I damn well hope he appears on screen stroking a white cat.

In all seriousness, though, I don't think there has been a fight, or anything to worry about. There was that humorous "WHERE IS ERIC?" thread that was taken in good humour by "the establishment", and they had a poll. The tone didn't suggest anything.

Clearly, it's fiesta-time in Guadalajjjjjara, and he longed to be back once again in Old Méjjjjico.

John the Monkey
December 6th, 2012, 12:43 AM
Eric is a pen runner in the great anti-ballpoint revolution. A degree of secrecy about his whereabouts is, from time to time, sadly a necessity.

snedwos
December 6th, 2012, 04:34 PM
He needs to hide from the Bicstapo form time to time.

dannzeman
December 7th, 2012, 09:44 PM
Eric is safe and sound. No fights. No quarrels. He didn't leave and he wasn't booted.
He's just on his annual holiday. He did this last year but had considerably better internet acces so his relocation was barely noticeable. This time things are a bit different. I received an email from him earlier this week stating that his only internet connection is through the 3G hotspot on his phone, which gets very expensive very quickly so he rarely uses it.

As we know more we'll let you know.

lol! good thing you didn't post some of that on FPN...
Indeed. That's a recipe for a perma-ban over there.

Maja
December 7th, 2012, 11:39 PM
Eric is safe and sound. No fights. No quarrels. He didn't leave and he wasn't booted.
He's just on his annual holiday. He did this last year but had considerably better internet acces so his relocation was barely noticeable. This time things are a bit different. I received an email from him earlier this week stating that his only internet connection is through the 3G hotspot on his phone, which gets very expensive very quickly so he rarely uses it.

As we know more we'll let you know.

Thanks for the update, Dan! We can all breathe a collective sigh of relief now...
Group hug time! :grouphug:

snedwos
December 8th, 2012, 05:40 PM
HOORAY!!! We miss Eric!

fountainpenkid
December 8th, 2012, 07:10 PM
One long vacation...lucky! ;)