PDA

View Full Version : Kaweco Supra Brass

jackokun
February 19th, 2016, 09:42 AM
I noticed that the Supra is on sale as of now, my first thoughts were that it is just a Lilliput with an extension and nothing more. According to the description the diameter of the barrel is slightly Longer suggesting that the extension will not work on the normal Lilliput . I like the idea of a larger pen and a full size converter, but not enough to say justify a complete new pen.

My thoughts on this are: Wouldn't also make sense to offer the extension for the actual Lilliput ? for those that have it already (like me) it will offer them options instead of just go get another new pen. Also thinking of the possibilities of mixing the barrel and creating interchangeable finishes.

Thoughts?

From Pen Chalet:
New Kaweco Supra Fountain Pen

The Kaweco Supra Fountain Pen is an all new model designed similar to the Kaweco Liliput Fountain pen. The new Kaweco Supra pen has a slightly larger diameter barrel than the Liliput but it also comes with an extension. The optional extension does not have to be used but it makes the pen about 1 inch longer. This new Kaweco pen will be made with an all brass cap and barrel and a stainless steel nib that will be available in extra fine, fine, medium, broad, or double broad tip sizes. We expect this new Kaweco Supra Fountain pen to be available in March of 2016 but we are now taking pre-order registrations for the pen.

top pen
February 19th, 2016, 11:15 AM
$60 for the extender and a few mm to the diameter seems a bit pricey over a normal lilliput. It would have been more sensible if they had made extender for the barrel so a converter could be used.

Biber
February 19th, 2016, 11:39 AM
Interesting. Is this pen supposed to be an acknowledgement of, and a remedy for the shortcomings of the Lilliput? - a slightly larger profile (fair enough, but why not just get a Sport) and an extension (really? kind of a pathetic afterthought - oops, forgot to make the pen longer)? Seems odd that they would go to the effort of marketing such a strange thing. It's almost as though they didn't finish developing a prototype. Hardly an improvement on the Lilliput. They would have been better served in my opinion by simply reworking the Lilliput so as to be capable of taking functional converter - rework the design of the section so as to not sit so deep in the body or add a cm or so to the body length. Even with a bit of added length it would still be comparable to other such "pocket" pens.

Somehow I see this as a very short lived model.

rafapa
February 19th, 2016, 11:53 AM
Your are talking of Kaweco. The company which has already developed three different converters for the Sport.