PDA

View Full Version : Pen Club Information

Farmboy
February 20th, 2016, 11:45 AM
We (the membership committee) of the PCA is in the process of compile a database of pen clubs. If you are aware of a club in your area please drop me a line or post the details here. A little information about the club and how to contact the organizers is all we need to get your group entered. This need not be limited to North America, world wide clubs are welcome.

The PCA (or at least me) hopes that this effort will help promote the clubs to possible members and serve as a directory should someone be traveling and 'need a fix' on the road.

For example:

Pan Pacific Pen Club (PPPC)
Contact Todd Eberspacher (eberspacher@gmail.com)
Dues are 30/calendar year
3-4 organized meetings each year
Members can buy, sell, trade and test pens at meetings which are held in a variety of places around the San Francisco Bay Area equally inconvenient for all members.

OR

Pen Posse Peter's Cafe (The other PPPC)
Meets at Peter's Cafe in Millbrae just across the CalTrain and BART parking lot in Millbrae CA.
No dues you just show up
No set schedule. Watch the Pen Forums and FaceBook for meeting times, often held on very short notice.

These clubs need not be limited to vintage pens, in fact most of what happens at The other PPPC is sharing pens, inks, paper samples, stories and milk shakes. Even you have a simple group that hangs out at a coffee shop and talks about annoying posts on FPG we want to include your information.

Thank you in advance,

Todd

jar
February 20th, 2016, 04:22 PM
Thanks.

Roger W.
February 21st, 2016, 11:09 PM
Farmboy;

You have our info but,

Chicago Pen Club
Meets at Hillside Community Center at 1 Lind Street in Hillside. Third Sunday every month at 2PM.
No dues you just show up
No set schedule. Watch the Pen Forums for announcements and email me your email and I'll put you on that list too (rwootencpa@gmail.com).

Roger W.

Jon Szanto
February 21st, 2016, 11:25 PM
I will check with the guy who hosts our local and get info to you.

BTW: you need to not use words like compline (near the beginning of your post), and ffs, I think you have a typo in your email address.

Jerome Tarshis
February 22nd, 2016, 01:05 AM

BTW: you need to not use words like compline (near the beginning of your post), and ffs, I think you have a typo in your email address.

Considering that the author of The Name of the Rose has just died, using "compline," admittedly in error, strikes me as only a venial sin. An understandable slip of the fingers.

Farmboy
February 22nd, 2016, 06:59 PM

OK. I fixed the email address and spelling issue. Thanks

gordyt
February 22nd, 2016, 07:24 PM
Farmboy I don't know if you already have our information or not, but here it is....

Lone Star Pen Club
Contact Gordon Tillman (gordyt@gmail.com)
Dues are $25/calendar year (for family membership)
Organized meetings on the second Wednesday of every odd month in Houston, TX
FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Lone-Star-Pen-Club-148701603826/

Thank you!

--gordon