PDA

View Full Version : So I ordered Verge de France on Amazon

Silverbreeze
February 20th, 2016, 05:29 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160221/63616a86a7a3461574d60087292ae9b9.jpg

Can anyone see the humor point I missed until it showed up ????

sgtstretch
February 21st, 2016, 08:10 AM
Free Prime shipping with other sellers?

Silverbreeze
February 21st, 2016, 08:43 AM
Free Prime shipping with other sellers?

No
French Paper via Japan

Chrissy
February 21st, 2016, 10:24 AM
I looked at this on Amazon.co.uk and it's quite expensive even if you just buy a pad of paper. I wasn't sure which one to try as some of the papers have a textured surface and contain greater or lesser amounts of cotton in them. I would be really interested to see what it's like Tom. :thumb:

bluesea
February 21st, 2016, 12:14 PM
I ordered mine from Vanness. The champagne sheets believe it or not, mainly to see what it'll do to ink tone (pretty cool, actually). Haven't used it much yet but as advertised the horizontal texturing helps one keep their lines straight. I'll be setting aside a number of sheets for playing around.

bluesea
February 22nd, 2016, 02:35 PM
^ Sorry, duh, not blue but champagne colored sheets. Not sure where the blue came from.

The champagne works really well with Sailor Yama-dori, its usually reddish sheen turning decidedly violet. The texture is a bit more than Claire Fontaine, but is still smooth enough for a beginner with a Nikko G. Nice background color for the latter with Kiwa-guro.

Silverbreeze
February 22nd, 2016, 03:52 PM
Not sure how readable my KWZ IRON GALL Gold is on it but love the Violet

Wile E Coyote
February 22nd, 2016, 05:37 PM
Estimated delivery date a month or more when using expedited delivery.

Silverbreeze
February 22nd, 2016, 07:01 PM
Estimated delivery date a month or more when using expedited delivery.

Naw it's the fact that if flew East to come West
Seller is in Japan

Chrissy
February 23rd, 2016, 01:27 AM
I ordered mine from Vanness. The champagne sheets believe it or not, mainly to see what it'll do to ink tone (pretty cool, actually). Haven't used it much yet but as advertised the horizontal texturing helps one keep their lines straight. I'll be setting aside a number of sheets for playing around.

I print a sheet of paper with bold, black lines on it, then put it underneath the sheet I'm writing on. It usually works well, although the lines can be more difficult to see on thick paper.

migo984
February 23rd, 2016, 02:10 AM
I have Verge de France. It's a bit toothy for me. I prefer Toile Imperial, which also has a texture but is easier to write on with finer nibs. The reverse side is really nice too.
My pad of Verge came with a lined guide sheet.

Silverbreeze
February 23rd, 2016, 04:30 AM
I use the guide from http://sketchynotebook.com

bluesea
February 23rd, 2016, 08:43 AM
I can't see the lined under-sheet through G. Lalo champagne--the paper is not very translucent.