PDA

View Full Version : I was given this... and then a stomach ulcer...

Sammyo
February 21st, 2016, 06:11 AM
My father-in-law passed away recently and me, my wife and mother-in-law have been clearing many cupboards and draws. My wife came to me with a box and said to me you might want this. In her hand was a velvety black box and the word Montblanc clearly visible. I couldn't believe what I was looking at so I eagerly open the box to find an unused lever ballpoint ( probably a 281) and an unused mechanical pencil ( probably a 251) and all the original paperwork and a ballpoint refill. However, it was a three pen case... I know that my father in law was not really a fountain pen person, so I guess it was probably a rollerball that was missing. So I asked " have you seen another pen like this one?"... there was a pause and some thought... a look of probably not and then... "We might have thrown it away..." ... ... ... ... I was struck dumb... When? Where? How? But! You! ...

So you guessed it, I went outside and looked through the bin... I found nothing. I asked where it might be and they said the first thing they cleared out days ago was his work bag... ... they know I like fountain pens, and as they didn't find any of those they didn't say anything.

Well, below are pictures of the remaining set, the size reduction has taken out some of the clarity... sorry. Any further information or corrections are gladly received. Also if someone knows what the missing pen may be, please let me know.

jar
February 21st, 2016, 06:31 AM
Very nice. Enjoy. An idea similar to Sheaffer's reminder clip line.

Sammyo
February 21st, 2016, 06:43 AM
My original thought was that it might have had a 221 fountain pen in there... it still is, but my wife said he wouldn't use one!

Sammyo
February 21st, 2016, 06:46 AM
Very nice. Enjoy. An idea similar to Sheaffer's reminder clip line.
I had never heard of that before, thank you for the information and enlightenment

tandaina
February 21st, 2016, 12:59 PM
Lovely! The fountain pens in that line aren't terribly difficult to come by so you could likely "finish" the set pretty easily if you decide to do so!