PDA

View Full Version : LeBoeufs for the beginner

gregamckinney
February 21st, 2016, 05:18 PM
I was petting, um I mean, organizing my small LeBoeuf collection, and realized I have two duplicates, a pencil and a pen.
So I'm offering them for sale, thinking there may be other small time LeBoeuf collectors like me.

The pencil:
Ring-top
4-1/4" with no lead extended
Works: extends and retracts lead
Condition:
* The good: the body of the pencil is gorgeous and in excellent condition. The lighter areas marbled through the terracotta colored body are translucent. Even under magnification, the surface looks incredible- more like 8 years old than 80.
*The bad: the nose cone has two medium sized and two pin prick sized dents; also scuffing
*The ugly: the cap/ mechanism, obviously. This part is a disaster: major brassing, small and big dents, you name it. The one consolation I could find is that there is an angle at which you can hold the pencil that most of the faults don't show. (silver lining mode) :)
If you want to add a working, interesting, gorgeous celluloid pencil to your collection, this is the one.
was $55, now only $40USD
http://gergyor.com/fs/leboeuf-pencil.jpg

The pen:
Ring-top LeBoeuf FP
Toffee brown with reflective panels.
F, size 3 nib
Dimensions:
4-1/4" capped
6-1/8 posted
4-7/16" open (nib to butt)

Overall condition is excellent. Some mild scratching as expected, and a previous owner left a bit of their dental record near the end of the pen, but not terrible.
Trim condition is very nice. I see only light wear to the ringtop, and just a tiny bit on the edges of the cap band.
all original parts
The sleeve/ thumb filler is unrestored, and will need a new sac. The mechanism (sliding) is extremely smooth. These can sometimes be oxidized and difficult to move.
The section is loose enough that the owner will want to have it made more secure at restoration.
Was $155 Now $125 USD
http://gergyor.com/fs/leboeuf-pen.jpg

First firm, "I'll take it" email claims the pen. I prefer PayPal, but if you don't, let's chat.

Price includes shipping to US destinations. Shipping elsewhere at cost, less $5USD

Thanks for looking!
greg
Greg McKinney
gregamckinney@outlook.com