PDA

View Full Version : I Did It - My First Fountain Pen

hcd615
February 23rd, 2016, 06:38 PM
I just left my local AD and ordered a fine nib MB 147 Traveller in Resin / Platinum trim (114226). It had to be sent from MB so I will have it Thursday. The platinum is less expensive then the gold trim because it doesn't come with a travel case. The AD is going to see if I can buy one, but I believe I saw on for sale on a pen forum somewhere, now the hunt is on, lol.

I was able to ink a Legrand and try it, but I think for my first one I will go the easier route and just go with cartridges. I will post pics on Thursday. I put a post up yesterday and a few PM's so thank you to everyone that helped me.

Howard

jar
February 23rd, 2016, 06:55 PM
Remember you are not limited to just Montblanc cartridges. Here you can see my 147 with some Diamine Woodland Green cartridges.

http://www.fototime.com/EB1B3E4CA2E1E7E/large.jpg

Silverbreeze
February 23rd, 2016, 08:41 PM
Remember you are not limited to just Montblanc cartridges. Here you can see my 147 with some Diamine Woodland Green cartridges.

http://www.fototime.com/EB1B3E4CA2E1E7E/large.jpg

Hey Jar is the 147-@ Cartridge only???

jar
February 23rd, 2016, 08:51 PM

Hey Jar is the 147-@ Cartridge only???

Yes, cartridge only. The indent between the two cartridges prevents putting a long cartridge or a converter in.

Barry Gabay
February 24th, 2016, 09:02 AM
Congratulations on taking the plunge! It's a great model. I'm also a real fan of cartridge fillers. Enjoy it for many years!

Lady Onogaro
February 24th, 2016, 10:09 AM
That's way more impressive than my first fountain pen, which was a Lamy Vista. :)

katherine
February 24th, 2016, 10:13 AM
Beautiful pen! Out of curiosity, how did you decide on a pen? (I've never spent more than $100 on a pen, so I'm really curious haha)

hcd615
February 24th, 2016, 11:49 AM
Beautiful pen! Out of curiosity, how did you decide on a pen? (I've never spent more than $100 on a pen, so I'm really curious haha)

I own other MB pens just not a FP. So I researched on the forums, etc and decided I liked the ease of the cartridges for my first pen so I went with that model. I then went and tried MB tester pens to find which nib I liked.

katherine
February 24th, 2016, 02:15 PM
Ooh, I see. Well, welcome to the club! Do you plan on trying out any other non MB pens? :D